The Educational Guidance Service (EGS) (www.egs.org.uk), established over 30 years ago has an exceptional reputation with many long term working relationships. EGS undertakes diagnostic assessments for the range of Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) in various environments and sectors.
We are now seeking to increase our pool of both associate and employed HCPC registered practitioner psychologists to undertake diagnostic assessments for SpLD, particularly in the higher education sector. Induction to the EGS process and protocols for assessment sessions and report writing will be provided along with on-going support offered by experienced practitioner psychologists.
EGS invites applications from HCPC registered psychologists and those eligible to register, to work as employees or as self-employed associates. Self-employed associates are able to indicate their preferred form of delivery: remote/face to face or a combination and stipulate the geographical areas to be covered. Self-employed associates must meet IR35 rules. Both employed psychologists and self-employed associates may work full or part time hours, in various work patterns. Salary dependent on experience and employed/self employed status.
All roles require current DBS certification.
- Chartered Psychologist registered with the HCPC or eligible to register with HCPC
- Experience of or interest in using a range of assessment tools including the WAIS-IV, WRAT 5 and WIATIII
- Ability to conduct online diagnostic assessments for SpLDs and/or face to face assessments
- Knowledge of or interest in a range of Specific Learning Difficulties/Neurodiverse conditions including Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, DCD/Dyspraxia Autism and the ‘traits of ADHD and ASC’.
- Experience of or interest in conducting diagnostic assessments for neurodivergent employees in the workplace
- Report writing skills and ability to justify advice and recommendations commensurate with the sector
- Some knowledge of current assistive technology and support strategies
- Access to the appropriate psychometric test materials
- IT skills commensurate with the role
- Ability to work within KPIs and Service Level agreement
Contact Jane Goldthorpe, Operations Director (email@example.com) to learn more about these roles