Member Network Lead
The British Psychological Society is a registered charity and the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK. We support and enhance the development and application of psychology for the greater public good. We set high standards for psychological research, education and knowledge.
The key responsibilities for this role are;
- To work closely with the Member Networks, creating trusted partnerships by providing professional support, advice and guidance to support the Member Networks in delivering impactful activities and initiatives that maximise value for their members.
- To oversee specific projects and activities for the Member Networks in support of achieving the Society’s and Member Networks strategic plans.
- To provide advice and guidance to Committees, helping them to understand and apply relevant polices, governance requirements and processes, so that they operate in an effective way and are compliant with necessary standards and governance requirements.
- Manage, support and develop direct reports, ensuring that that they are trained, motivated and have the skills to provide support to the Member Networks.
- To be successful in this role you will require;
- A psychology qualification and/or substantial experience of working in a relevant psychological setting
- Experience of Advising/guiding Committees on policy, practice and constitutional matters
- Experience in managing effective operational, administration and customer services in a complex organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to manage ongoing communication and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Project management capability
If you are successful you can expect;
- Supportive and positive work environment and team
- Development and involvement of processes and procedures
- Opportunity to lead on projects and influence future developments
- Busy and varied workload
- Great team support and opportunity to shape the future of the area
For further information about the role, please contact Helen Barnett, Head of Member Networks at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 26th June 2022. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
The British Psychological Society is committed to a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of your background or circumstances.