Full/Part time hours available
If you are an experienced Psychologist looking for a rewarding opportunity, then join our new service at Castleholme in Huddersfield where you will enjoy support from a regional network of psychologists.
Reporting to the Regional Consultant Psychologist, you will be responsible for individual and group interventions, diagnostic and psychological assessments and treatment pathways, MDT working, HCR-20 and standard risk assessments and will be requested to design and deliver training.
As a Psychologist, you will have experience and knowledge in carrying a service user’s caseload, assessing complex needs and designing and delivering specialist psychological treatments to support their care plans.
There is a strong emphasis on teamwork with regular supervision and CPD opportunities available to support you in reaching your career aspirations.
· Deliver evidence based treatment and other psychological interventions and measure progress in treatment and health outcomes.
· Assess service users using appropriate psychometric measures; interpret and report results accurately
· Attend and contribute to CPA reviews and provide a psychological perspective regarding patient treatment, management and risk assessment in order to aid multidisciplinary decision-making
· Contribute to the development of evidence-based practices, strategies and policies as specified in the psychology department’s service delivery agreement
· Conduct research in line with the psychology department’s service delivery agreement and publish and present work
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
· BPS recognised psychology degree
· HCPC Registration as a Practitioner Psychologist
· Chartered Psychologist status as either a clinical counselling or forensic psychologist
· To be an approved supervisor within the guidelines of the BPS and relevant division
· Understanding of evidence-based psychological practice
· Ability to apply psychological knowledge to a secure psychiatric setting
· Experience of applying psychological knowledge to a forensic or psychiatric setting
· Previous experience of conducting research and project working
What you will get:
· Annual salary of up to £65,000 (pro-rata) + Benefits
· The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
· Free meals and parking
· Wellbeing support and activities
· Career development and training
· Pension contribution
· Life Assurance
· Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity informally please contact Peter Ford, Regional Consultant Psychologist 07768 812999. Please do get in touch if you are interested in this post but feel your current experience may be insufficient as we are keen to develop new talent.
Castleholme Lodge is situated in Huddersfield with excellent transport links to the surrounding areas. It is undergoing a complete refurbishment to ensure best environment for service users and staff to thrive in.
This brand new service will be a 20 bedded Care Home with nursing, providing a range of mental health services for adults with severe and enduring mental health difficulties. It will form part of a cluster of Elysium services across the Yorkshire and Midlands region that work closely together in support of each other.
Benefits & About Elysium
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.