Are you an experienced Psychologist looking for a rewarding career, where you can make a difference and change lives for the better? If so, join the team at Arbury Court and enjoy support from a regional network of psychologists as you grow your career.
You will work 37.5 hours a week as the Lead Psychologist at Arbury Court, a service that provides medium, low secure and Psychiatric Intensive Care (PICU) for women over the age of 18 with personality disorders and complex mental health presentations. We offer treatment and rehabilitation pathways which are person centred and provide the following:-
- 27 medium secure beds;
- 44 low secure beds;
- 11 PICU beds.
With experience from the NHS or the private sector, you will carry a caseload, which includes assessing service users with complex needs, and designing and delivering specialist psychological treatment within mental health care services.
As a Lead Psychologist, you will be responsible for developing, delivering and overseeing individual and group interventions, diagnostic and cognitive assessments, MDT working and risk assessments. The Psychology Department offer a variety of therapeutic approaches to service users, including CBT, EMDR, and DBT. You will provide guidance, support and supervision to a team of Psychologists, Trainees and Assistant Psychologists and will help develop the hospital’s training programmes. .
Working alongside the senior management team you will deliver key objectives for the growth of the hospital. You will undertake and support quality improvement projects and take part in regional and national initiatives.
You'll get the opportunity to work with people from different backgrounds with a range of presentations. The service welcomes creativity, so if you can think outside the box to help develop the psychology provision then this could be for you.
There is a strong emphasis on teamwork, supervision and CPD, with support from a regional and national network of Psychologists. Elysium is rated highly as supporting CPD and professional growth and will encourage clinical and leadership development. Professional supervision will be provided.
- Attendance and contribution to Clinical Leads and Hospital Governance Meetings
- Working with internal and external agencies in order to enhance treatment pathways for service users
- To be successful as a Lead Psychologist, you'll need
- To be registered with the HCPC as a Practitioner Psychologist and hold Chartered status with the British Psychological Society
- Competence in assessing, formulating and working therapeutically with service users
- Ability to identify and proactively resolve problems and challenges within the service in line with EH values and objectives
- Ability to supervise junior members of the team
- Knowledge and understanding of working with trauma
- Experience in working with people with complex needs that are relevant to the population in the service area
- Competency in psychological assessments and formulation skills and an aptitude for learning new assessment methods
- Competency in cognitive functioning/management tools and formulation
- Experience in using a range of therapeutic interventions to address a range of clinical and/or forensic issues
- Competency in supervision, preferably with accreditation with the BPS as a supervisor (or equivalent experience/training).
- Strong leadership and management skills, including stakeholder management, departmental strategy and HR people management skills.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users.
Arbury Court provides medium, low secure and Psychiatric Intensive Care (PICU) for women over the age of 18 with personality disorders and complex mental health presentations. We offer treatment and rehabilitation pathways which are person centred and provide the following
Benefits & About Elysium
What you will get:
- Competitive annual salary of £67,500 - £71,000 dependent on experience
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.