Role: 2x Assistant Psychologists – 1x Scotland and 1x UK wide (Homebased)
Reporting to Business Psychologists
Salary: £22k outside London and £24k inside London
Job type: Permanent/Full-time
Sector: Occupational Psychology
Lexxic are leaders in empowering neurodiversity in the workplace. A specialist psychological consultancy, we believe all minds belong. So, it is our mission to inspire a working world that supports and values the talents of neurodiverse minds, empowering individuals to be their best selves at work.
We partner with organisations to make a positive difference by creating tailored, strategic change programmes and delivering psychological support services to neurodiverse talent.
Lexxic was established in 2007 by Chartered Occupational Psychologist Nicola James, after managing the challenges of her own dyslexia while working in the corporate sector. Over the last thirteen years, we have grown to a team of 30+ people, working throughout the UK and Ireland with Occupational Health Providers, FTSE 100 companies, government organisations and members of the public.
Our team of psychologists support these organisations to develop environments where neurodiversity can flourish, supporting individuals who have Dyslexia, Dyspraxia (DCD), Dyscalculia, Autism Spectrum Conditions and ADHD.
As part of the next stage of development for Lexxic, we are excited to be recruiting for two Assistant Psychologists.
This is an opportunity for forward-thinking psychologists to support our continuing growth and ensure our services are delivered to the highest quality standards for our clients.
You will be an ambassador for Lexxic to many of the most progressive companies in the UK, as well as playing a critical role in developing innovative services that build upon Lexxic’s culture and reinforce our values.
The roles are hands-on, which will suit someone who embraces the opportunity to build effective relationships with clients and contribute to service implementation. We are a collaborative and mission driven team. Creativity and innovation are key elements of Lexxic’s culture and there will be no shortage of opportunities to implement new ideas.
Key Responsibilities & Skills
Within the Assistant Psychologist role, you will become involved in delivering our psychological services related to Dyslexia, Dyspraxia (DCD), Dyscalculia, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Conditions and mental health difficulties. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Meeting with clients to administer assessments, deliver training and coaching
- Delivering face-to-face, virtual and phone-based assessments
- Educating clients about our services in relation to business development
- Writing and proofreading reports
- Working with Chartered Psychologists
- You will have a relevant Psychology degree plus MSc in Occupational Psychology
- You will be able to demonstrate high levels of innovation, self-motivation and a passion for providing high levels of customer service
- You will have experience of supporting individuals with neurodiverse conditions, such as Dyslexia or mental health conditions, and with delivering training/ coaching
- You will have an interest in the areas of diversity and wellbeing and be passionate about enabling individuals to reach their full potential
- You will show strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication, and time management skills
- You will have evidence of relevant or transferable experience of working with clients in a busy environment
- At Lexxic, we value a motivation to progress your career in this field, and welcome individuals who are eager to enrol on the Qualification of Occupational Psychology (QOP) (Stage 2)
- This role is home based with some flexibility on location. Further travel will be required throughout the UK and Ireland as required.
- The above is naturally not immediately applicable. Travel will be subject to public health guidelines relating to COVID-19. Our primary objective is always the health and safety of our staff.
How to Apply: To apply for any of these roles, please attach your CV and a one-page Cover Letter detailing the role you are applying for, your preferred location, your skills and experience. In addition, please let us know what attracts you to the role you are applying for and your key values.
Applications should be addressed to Cise Jalali, Head of Psychological Services; email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 4th October 2021.
To learn more about Lexxic, please visit; www.lexxic.com.
Working hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
Interviews: Initial interviews will take place via video conferencing. Date TBC.
Lexxic is an equal opportunities employer.