BeyondAutism has an exciting opportunity for both trainee and experienced ABA Tutors to work with our amazing pupils and join our progressive charity organisation with. Our services are based in several locations around Wandsworth and Hammersmith. You will join us on a permanent basis, will receive extensive training and earn a highly competitive salary of £16,000 - £20,000 per annum, dependent on experience. We have both full and part time opportunities.
BeyondAutism is an inspiring place to work, and an organisation where you can grow and develop. We offer multiple and generous benefits to employees including an extensive in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs education. Through our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme we have supported staff to become Qualified Teachers, BCBA’s and Therapists; and we offer many opportunities for progression including further education opportunities for Masters, RBTs, diplomas and certificates.
In return we can offer:
- An excellent in-house professional training programme enabling you to develop within the field of special needs and education.
- A range of fantastic staff benefits, including a pension scheme, season ticket and bicycle loan and access to onsite counsellors an employee assistance programme and an online perk scheme.
- Ongoing support from a dedicated team who share in the vision and values of the organisation and work together every day to empower our pupils and transform their lives.
- Clear career pathways with opportunities for professional development, including funding for training for Masters level qualifications, trainee teacher positions and trainee therapists.
About the ABA Tutors role:
As a member of a class team of ABA Tutors, an ABA Instructor and an ABA Supervisor, you will provide excellent Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)/Verbal Behaviour (VB) teaching to children and young adults with autism and associated learning difficulties. You will be based in a class of approximately eight pupils, working 1:1 with pupils and in small groups. You will be responsible for teaching individual pupils a personalised curriculum, using teaching techniques based on the principles of ABA/VB. You will need to be creative, energetic and committed to engaging a pupil whilst monitoring their progress. You will support the class team in ensuring the daily needs of our pupils are met in a professional, competent, safe and fun school environment. Tutors working within the Post-19 service will also support a young adult out in the community.
What we’re looking for in our ABA Tutors:
- We’re looking for passionate and driven individuals who share our mission of empowering people with autism to lead fuller lives.
- You will be a strong team player with great communication skills, have the ability to work under pressure, and above all be passionate and committed to the development of our pupils.
- You will need to be willing to learn and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA) Supervisors, Instructors, Therapists and Teachers.
- An interest in working with children with special needs including autism.
- To be educated to A Level or recognised childcare qualification.
- Emotional and physical resilience.
- Experience of working with children and/or adults with special needs (desirable).
- To be able to work effectively in a team.
BeyondAutism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced disclosure will be conducted for the successful applicant.