Advanced Skills Fellow (Applied Psychologist) – 2 Year Fixed-Term Employment Opportunity
Based in Edinburgh
First Psychology Scotland is a leading independent provider of psychological therapies and counselling in Scotland. With ten bespoke therapy centres located throughout the country as well as an established online portal, we deliver services to individuals and organisations. We work with over 80 practitioners from a range of backgrounds including counselling psychology, clinical psychology, counselling, psychotherapy, CBT and coaching.
First Psychology has recently developed an advanced skills academy to support clinical excellence in those currently in training and or recently qualified. This advanced skills fellowship has been designed to support those newly or recently qualified develop clinical skills and undertake leadership/service development activities in the independent sector.
About the role
The post holder will undertake clinical work with self-referred individuals, couples and young people/children (depending on experience), as well as with clients referred from organisations and businesses.
In addition to clinical work, the post holder will hold a leadership/development role in one of the following areas:
- First Psychology Academy – supporting the development of our training academy structures and programmes, writing and delivering training modules, offering mentoring and support (including facilitating peer supervision) to advanced skills practitioners, developing and maintaining a wellbeing ‘student community’.
- First Psychology Assistance – supporting the development of our B2B brand, working with organisation and business clients to support employee mental health and wellbeing, developing and delivering training programmes, providing consultation and support on complex workplace issues linked to mental health, offering assessment and rehabilitation support for employees.
Salary and terms
The post will command a starting salary of £32k per year, plus benefits including a company pension, 6 weeks’ annual leave and access to support and training. The post is initially available on a fixed two-year basis. Part-time and job-share options are available.
Who should apply
We will accept applications from applied psychologists (counselling, health, clinical) who have successfully completed a doctoral training (or equivalent) in the field and who have completed a minimum of 500 hours of clinical practice. Those at the final stages in training and awaiting viva are also eligible to apply.
All applicants should be able to demonstrate an outstanding ability to integrate clinical practice and academic learning, and to engage professionally within a highly reputable organisation. We are looking for someone with the following competencies.
- Highly developed clinical skills in one or more models of therapy
- Experience in working with a range of client groups and in different modalities
- An ability to work independently but also within a team and as part of an organisation
- Highly developed personal management and communication skills, including the effective use of IT
- Flexibility and adaptability in approach, with an advanced ability to learn and develop new skills and understandings
- A mature and highly professional approach in working with clients and peers
How to apply
To apply, please send copies of the following to email@example.com
- Your CV
- A statement detailing your relevant experience/qualifications and suitability for this post
- An indication of your preferred development area
- Please mark your application ASF/2020
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please call us on 0131-668-1440.
We are also currently recruiting for a number of self employed partnership psychologist roles and further information can be found on our website www.firstpsychology.co.uk or by e-mailing or telephoning using the details above.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS – 5pm 25th September 2020