Two Posts for the Irish Prson Service - Psychologist, and applicants are also invited for Assistant Psychologist posts (12 month fixed contract) in the Irish Prison Service
1st Post - Psychologist
Cpl Healthcare are recruiting for an initial 6 month locum assignment on behalf of the Irish Prison Service based in Co. Roscommon.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team including Prison Governors, Prison Officers, Probation Officers, Doctors, Nurses, Psychiatrists, Teachers, Employment, and Resettlement officers, the successful candidate will providing a psychology service to clients who are experiencing a wide range of emotional, mental health and other offence related difficulties.
Interested candidates must:
- Be eligible for graduate membership of the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) or the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Hold a postgraduate professional qualification in Clinical Psychology recognised by PSI. (Applicants with qualifications obtained outside of Ireland must obtain a statement of equivalence in Clinical Psychology from the Department of Health);
- (ii) Hold a postgraduate professional qualification in Counselling Psychology recognised by PSI. (Applicants with qualifications obtained outside of Ireland must obtain a statement of equivalence in Counselling Psychology from the Department of Health);
- (iii) Hold a recognised postgraduate qualification in Forensic Psychology and have obtained Chartered Forensic status from the British Psychological Society.
2nd Post(s) - Assistant Psychologists
An area of work where your input and commitment can make a real difference, not only to clients in your care, but to a safer community.
The Irish Prison Service (IPS) is responsible for the safe and secure detention of persons in custody in establishments located throughout the country. The IPS wishes to recruit Assistant Psychologists on a fixed term, non-renewable contract of 12 months’ duration. The essential role of an Assistant Psychologist will be:
- To support IPS Psychological Services in prisons and to enhance the contribution of qualified Psychologists to the mental health needs of those in prison.
- To support the implementation of the review report commissioned by the Irish Prison Service - New Connections: Embedding Psychology Services and Practice in the Irish Prison Service - specifically in relation to supporting effective sentence management for those in prison.
Successful Assistant Psychologists will each be posted to prisons across the estate for the duration of their contract. They will be clinically supervised by a qualified Psychologist and line managed by a Senior Psychologist (or his/her nominated designate), and will form a critical part of both the Psychology Service and the multi-disciplinary team in that prison.
Successful applicants will be subject to a probation period of three months and will be required to undergo a week’s induction training in the Irish Prison Service College in Portlaoise, Co. Laois beginning 13th August 2018
Salary Scale: €25,000
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 29th March 2018. It is anticipated that interviews will be held toward the end of April 2018.
FOR DETAILS ON ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS AND TO MAKE AN APPLICATION log on to: www.irishprisons.ie and follow ‘Information Centre’ > ‘Recruitment’.