Location: Priory Hospital Middleton St George, Darlington, County Durham, DL2 1TS
Priory Group Division: Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don’t just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn’t exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
The Priory Hospital Middleton St George is located in Darlington, County Durham and provides individualised treatment and care for people with mental health needs of adult working age and who present with complex and challenging behaviours, in a safe and supportive environment. Our comprehensive integrated services offer complete care pathways allowing service users to transfer effortlessly between the most appropriate care, meeting individual needs enabling recovery and re-engagement within the community and maximising life opportunities.
Our multi-disciplinary teams provide care for up to 101 male and female service users, working collaboratively with their commissioners, across our 7 wards and our nearby community house. We deliver recovery and rehabilitation services which include a specialist female Personality Disorder service, Male and Female Rehab Units, Female only Acute Unit, Mixed Acute Unit and purpose built PICU units (one male one female). Our focus is on the delivery of excellent care, empowering service users to progress towards the least restrictive setting and towards independence. Our vision is to place our Service Users at the heart of our service provision, working closely with them and their carers to support their recovery and rehabilitation.
Of most recent note we have been assessed as "outstanding" by the CQC in November 2018 and we aim to continue to improve on our levels of performance and care delivery throughout 2019 and the coming years.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Clinical or Forensic Psychologist to join our established department. The successful candidate will contribute to all aspects of psychological services.
This is a full-time (37.5 hrs), permanent role with a salary of up to £45,000 per annum (depending upon experience and qualifications). Part-time will be considered.
Under the line management of the Head of Psychology, you will identify and deliver evidence based assessments, formulations and treatment, contributing to the effective risk management and recovery of the patients in our care. The successful candidate will be expected to take an active role in promoting and developing psychological services. The individual will be a positive culture carrier, working effectively and supportively within teams, inspiring and promoting effective change. This post will suit someone who enjoys direct clinical contact, working alongside patients detained under the Mental Health Act, who present with a range of complex needs, including mental illness, personality disorders, cognitive deficits, self harming behaviours and offending histories.
- You will posses excellent clinical and communication skills and a track record of successful working with colleagues from other professions within a psychiatric setting.
- Successful candidates will be eligible or hold Chartered Status with the BPS and Registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with HCPC.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience working in secure or locked rehabilitation settings. Additionally, the successful candidate will possess highly developed knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist, evidence based psychological therapy relevant to the specific patient group. Experience of working within an acute or PiCU service will be advantageous but not essential.
What we’d like to give you:
- A competitive salary
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising with years' service
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra day’s annual leave
- Free on-site parking
- Complimentary Access to our on-site gymnasium
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- SMART Childcare Vouchers
- SMART Pension option
- Local rewards and recognition programme open to all colleagues
- Excellent staff break facilities in our bespoke new staff lounge
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the required level from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
To find out more about the role please contact Pamela Henderson Consultant Forensic Clinical Psychologist / Head of Psychology, on 01325 333192.
Visit our website www.priorygroup.com to apply or for more information
Closing date for applications: 21st November 2019
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
For further information and to apply, please click the Apply Now button below