Join a rapidly growing organisation that has over 250 full time employees and operates from 14 learning centres and other locations in Singapore!
The Dyslexia Association of Singapore (DAS) provides a continuum of services for children with dyslexia, their parents, mainstream teachers and other professionals in the field of dyslexia in Singapore.
Dyslexia in Singapore
It is estimated that there may be up to 23,000 children with dyslexia in Singapore Preschools, Primary and Secondary Schools. While the enrolment for the DAS Main Literacy Programme presently stands at over 3,000, we are still merely touching the tip of the iceberg. There are thousands of students with dyslexia who need to be identified and helped. The DAS is expected to expand in size and scope correspondingly.
SpLD Assessment Services
The DAS SpLD Assessment Services (SAS) division conducts psychological assessments to diagnose students who have dyslexia and other related learning difficulties. The assessments include detailed discussions with parents on the child's developmental and educational histories, and selecting relevant tests to determine the issues. DAS Psychologists subsequently refer these students to the DAS’ services or to other professionals for more specific assistance. Each year, over 1,000 Preschool, Primary and Secondary students are assessed by DAS Psychologists.
Reporting to the Director of SpLD Assessment Services, the duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Director include
- Managing the psychological and administrative processes of the SpLD Assessment Services (SAS) division
- Involvement in the workplan and budgeting for the division
- Supervising the Trainee Psychologists and signing off their reports
- Overseeing a team of 13 Psychologists and 4 administrators
- Providing training and consistent guidance, feedback and direction to the Psychologists
- Presenting at DAS organisation wide event, local conferences and contributing articles for local / DAS publications
- Being involved in DAS research projects and a member of the DAS Research Committee
- Being involved in major projects across the DAS family of organisations
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director
We are looking for candidates who have:
- a Master in Applied Psychology (or related field)
- full registration status with a recognised psychological society
- knowledge of Psychology test kits
- relevant background and experience in conducting assessments with children and young adults
- relevant managerial experience
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will receive paid annual leave, paid sick and hospitalisation leave, medical benefits and dental benefits, subject to meeting prevailing eligibility criteria. Other benefits include relocation, first airfare to Singapore and housing allowance, depending on the terms of employment.
The DAS also awards training incentives to deserving staff.
For more information on DAS, visit our website at http://www.das.org.sg
Applications by E-mail only. All interested applicants must download and complete the
and e-mail (together with resume and academic transcripts) to email@example.com by 13 May 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.