Job Description – Assistant Psychologist
The Assistant Psychologist (AP) will work in a fully remote position from 08:30am to 12:45pm (Monday to Friday) (18.75 hours per week).
The role involves fulfilling a variety of tasks that will support the smooth running and development of Mental Health Services within Teladoc. The Service is composed by 70+ counsellors, psychotherapists, and psychologists working from home. The Service provides evidence-based, telephone-delivered, and brief mental health support. We are looking for an enthusiastic AP to join our team and who will be able to deliver in clinical, research, and administrative tasks.
Qualifications: Undergraduate Degree in Psychology with eligibility to be a graduate member of the British Psychological Society.
Salary: up to £25,000 (pro rata) depending on qualifications and experience.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday (8:30am – 12:45pm), inc. 30 minute break.
Fully remote position (home-working).
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be in charge of receiving any sick calls and absences from all mental health staff, and to call clients, facilitating re-scheduling of their appointment, and providing emotional containing of those in distress.
- To assist in the resolution of complaints and expressions of dissatisfaction.
- To assist in service development tasks, such as liaison with other professionals, organisation of training, designing of clinical initiatives such as smoking cessation programmes, and similar.
- To deliver on data collection, research and audit within the service
- To support Clinical / Safeguarding Leads as required with duties associated to recruitment, triaging of cases, and client liaison.
The Ideal Candidate
- To have excellent IT skills and knowledge of programmes such as Excel.
- Resilient individual who is comfortable and confident in dealing with distressed clients.
- Knowledge of statistical programmes, analysis, and SPSS (highly valued).
- Ability to write professional report and scientific articles.
- Experience with Salesforce (preferable).
- Keen attention to detail and proficient administrative skills.
- Experience of virtual healthcare and of working remotely (desirable).
Benefits of the role
- As an AP you will have access a large team of mental health professionals, including counsellors, psychotherapists, and psychologists with a wealth of experience and knowledge.
- CPD and continued training opportunities.
- To shadow and support the role of Clinical and Safeguarding Leads, learning from their experience and skills.
- Opportunity to develop research and publish articles.
- You will be mentored to improve your conflict resolution skills and other interpersonal abilities.
About the Company
Teladoc Health is the global virtual care leader, offering the only comprehensive virtual care solution spanning telehealth, expert medical, and licensed platform services. Through our award-winning consumer experience brands – Advance Medical, Best Doctors, BetterHelp, HealthiestYou, and Teladoc – we help millions of people around the world resolve their healthcare needs with confidence. Teladoc Health serves more than 10,000 clients including the world’s leading insurers, employers, hospitals and health systems. Together, we are continually modernising the healthcare experience and making high-quality healthcare a reality for more people and organisations around the world.