|Equilibrium Healthcare is currently recruiting an Assistant Psychologist to support and enhance the psychological input to service users within its hospital and care home services. The successful applicant will be hospital based making a significant contribution to the welfare of the individuals involved. Initially much of the work will involve completing risk assessments, once this has been completed a more varied work load should develop which will include the opportunity to work individually with clients and helping them to address their difficulties. Regular supervision will be given by the clinical psychologist and all work will be supervised. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who already has some experience as an Assistant Psychologist.
We ideally seek a candidate who:
• Has an upper second class honours degree (2:1), or higher, in psychology
• Is eligible for Graduate membership of the British Psychological Society
• Has an interest in working with people complex clinical presentation who are judged to be a risk to themselves or others.
• Possesses research skills, including research and questionnaire design, data collection, data analysis (including statistical analysis), report production and dissemination (including presentations)
• Has experience and competence in using computer software packages, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
• Has the ability to communicate to a high standard, both verbally and in writing.
• Has the ability to work with and relate to others in situations that can be complex and highly emotive
• Has an understanding of the needs and difficulties faced by people with severe mental health problems, learning difficulties and forensic histories.
• Can apply psychological knowledge to the clinical work.
• Is able to accept, use and seek out supervision appropriately and effectively
• Can understand and maintain professional boundaries in challenging circumstances.
• Holds a valid driving licence and has access to a car
To download an application form, please go to http://equilibrium.healthcare/files/application-form.docx
Or contact Natalie Noble firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 2486796.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equilibrium Healthcare is an equal opportunities employer.
Assistant Psychologist (Mental Health / Learning Disability) – Manchester
|Job Title:||Assistant Psychologist (Mental Health / Learning Disability) – Manchester|
|Salary:||£21,000 per annum 40 hours per week|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Noble|
|Job Published:||September 22, 2016 15:12|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Band 8a. From £40,833
Clinical Psychologist - Neurological Rehabilitation
£35,000 - £36,000
Principal Clinical Psychologist – Neuropsychiatry Pathway
£46,968 - £64,582
£54,234 - £67,047 pa
Band 8a from £40,833