Working Hours: Full Time (35 hours)
Post 1: Sheffield/Huddersfield
Post 2: York/Newcastle
Chrysalis Associates are an independent multi-disciplinary therapeutic team who specialise in the assessment and treatment of developmental trauma and attachment difficulties in children. We are currently looking for two energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Psychologists to join our team.
This role involves working alongside our team of clinical psychologists and trauma and attachment therapists to provide detailed assessments of children’s complex needs, alongside monitoring the progress they have made in therapy. It also involves facilitating our children’s group, which is based on principles of attachment, mindfulness and sensory integration. There are many additional opportunities for service-evaluation and research within the team. The post includes supervision from a clinical psychologist.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A First Class or high 2:1 degree recognised by the BPS
- Experience of working with children with emotional and behavioural difficulties, in particular children living in foster or adoptive families or in residential care
- A good understanding of Attachment Theory
- Experience administering and analysing psychometric measures
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Good organisation skills, flexibility and autonomy
- Current driving licence and access to own car
To apply for one or both positions, please send your CV (2 sides maximum and accounting for all time periods since your degree) and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state clearly in your covering letter which post(s) you wish to apply for. Shortlisted candidates will be sent a full job description and person specification and asked to complete an application form. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 25th March.
Closing Date: Sunday 1st March
Interview Date: Wednesday 25th March
Address details: Chrysalis Associates, 48 Wostenholm Road, Sheffield S7 1LL
Contact Name: Rachel Schofield, Dr Helen Freake
Website Address: www.chrysalisassociates.org