Based: Radlett Lodge School, Harper Lane, Radlett, Herts WD7 9HW
Salary: £18,962 per annum plus area allowance
Hours: Term time plus 4 weeks in school holidays
We are the UK’s leading autism charity. Since we began over 50 years ago, we have been pioneering new ways to support people and understand autism. We continue to learn every day from the children and adults we support in our schools and care services.
Based on our experience, and with support from our members, donors and volunteers, we provide life-changing information and advice to millions of autistic people, their families and friends. And we support professionals, politicians and the public to understand autism better so that more autistic people of all ages can be understood, supported and appreciated for who they are.
Until everyone understands.
Radlett Lodge School is a National Autistic Society weekly & termly boarding school for 55 pupils with autism aged 4 to 19 years old. We are looking for highly motivated, confident team players that can be flexible and dedicated in a demanding environment.
We are looking for Individuals who have a passion to work in an organisation that specialises in autism, supporting autistic adults or children on the autism spectrum live the life they choose.
You will have:
- Psychology degree
- Knowledge of behaviour management interventions relating to challenging behaviour
- A proven record of working with children with a range of learning difficulties, Autism and individuals with complex and challenging behaviour.
You may also have
- a personal connection to autism or a desire to work with people with autism
- real life experience supporting autistic adults or children with autism in a paid or voluntary capacity.
Hours of work
37 hours per week
Term time plus 4 weeks in school holidays
What we can offer you
- Excellent induction, training and development programme
- Autism specific reflective practice profession support
- Opportunities to develop your expertise and specialism.
- Support to embark on research.
- Continued Professional Development and supervision
- Behavioural support training
- 24 hour access to online training
- Flexible shifts – weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Online staff discount scheme for a range of benefits
- Access to a 24 hour Employee Assistance counselling programme
- Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
- Be part of the network of the National Autistic Society Psychologists
To apply please click https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/nas/displayjob.aspx?jobid=1005or
For more information about this job please contact Polly Gunning, Human Resources on 01923 854922 or email@example.com
Applications for this job are sought from anyone who is suitably qualified and experienced for the role but particularly welcome from those with a diagnosis of autism or Asperger syndrome.
The NAS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and adults who use our services and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to complete the relevant safeguarding checks.
We are an equal opportunities employer.