We are seeking to recruit a spilt post position, initially on a six-month fixed term basis, with the possibility that this may be extended.
Location: Split between Canon Lodge and MW / GWR
Contract: 6-months fixed term (with possibility of extension)
Line Manager: Appropriate member of the Psychology Team.
Work Pattern: 2-3 weekday 0900-1700 shifts based at Canon Lodge assisting the Psychology Team
2-3 FSW shifts (at least two weekend shifts per fortnight)
Salary: Dependent on experience
About the company
Orchard House is a well-established Family Assessment Centre in Taunton providing evidence based residential and community parenting assessments.
Description of the Role
The Clinical Assistant / FSW role is an integral part of the Assessment Team, working closely alongside the Psychologists providing support in the provision of Psychological Assessments. Under direction and with supervision, the Clinical Assistant / FSW will also assist the Admissions Manager by contributing towards the admission process of families that are assessed at Orchard House.
Duties specific to the Clinical Assistant / FSW role may include but are not limited to:
- Booking appointments for Psychological Assessments and contact observations, both for residential and community based families
- Be familiar with the Orchard House CCTV system and be able to review and download footage to inform Psychological Assessments
- Reading bundles and core documents, to identify and highlight relevant factors in the case. This might be as part of a Viability Assessment or a residential / community Psychological Assessment
- Attending and contributing towards Case Mapping, where members of the Assessment Team meet to review active cases using the evidence-based Signs of Safety approach
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when representing Orchard House with all professionals, staff, families, and members of the public
- The Clinical Assistant / FSW will be provided with regular supervision by a member of the Psychology Team. In liaison with their supervisor, the Clinical Assistant / FSW will also be encouraged to identify their own development goals, and they will be supported to pursue their own CPD
- Depending on the Clinical Assistant / FSW’s background qualifications and interests, they may be able to familiarise themselves with basic psychological assessment measures and possibly to administer some of them
- Preparing report writing templates, in consultation with the Psychology Team
- Formatting, proof reading and distribution of Court filed documents, in consultation with the Psychology Team
- Depending on skill / experience, there may be opportunities to contribute towards service evaluation / audit / small-scale research projects led by the Psychology Team
- Any other tasks / administrative duties in accordance with the level of the role to support the effective working of the Assessment Team
This list is not exhaustive. They will also be expected to comply with any reasonable request as deemed appropriate by their line manager or a senior member of staff.
They will participate as a member of The Assessment Team at Orchard House and ensure high standards of service delivery, effective communication, continuity of practice, and practical peer support.
About the Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a Level 3 Child and Young People’s Workforce Diploma or equivalent, as well as a good Honours degree in a relevant field (i.e. Psychology or Child Development). Candidates should have experience of working with children and families, specifically working with diverse presentations for example mental health, identified learning needs or substance users. Candidates will have sound knowledge of safeguarding, confidentiality and data protection principles and will be excellent communicators. Candidates must be car drivers and have or be willing to obtain business use on their motor insurance.
Your attention is drawn to the confidential nature of this post. Disclosures of confidential information or disclosures of any data of a personal nature can result in prosecution for an offence under the Data Protection Act 1998 or an action for civil damages under the same act in addition to any disciplinary action taken by Orchard House Family Assessment Centre’s which might include dismissal.
It is the responsibility of each member of staff to be aware of and to comply with the Staff Code of Confidentiality, which highlights your responsibilities in respect of family confidentiality.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
This post requires the post holder to be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Health and Safety
Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed on them under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and must follow these in full at all times in order to ensure that the agreed procedures are carried out to maintain a safe environment for parents, children, visitors and staff.
All members of staff are required to take responsibility for their personal safety.
Orchard House Family Assessment Centre is committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of race, colour, creed, sex, marital status, disability, age, nationality, ethnic or national origins.
For an application pack, please email email@example.com
Date of Job Description: February 2017