Job Title: Clinical Director
Salary (or Bands) In line with NHS band 8b subject to experience
The role will consist of demonstrating effective leadership and providing a clear vision for the company's services, in order to provide the best care for patients. The perfect candidate will be someone that has demonstratable experience or clinical interest in forensic or workplace/ occupational health, and a desire to work in a commercial environment.
The role is full time, based in London, with requirements to travel to prison locations and client sites. Flexible, or home working is possible several days a week. The role will report to the CEO, and work as a critical part of the senior management team. There is an opportunity for you to have clinical hours as a part of this role, or to maintain a private practice/active research around it, depending on the candidate’s preferences.
The pay will be in line with NHS band 8b subject to experience.
At Atrium we provide mental health services in prisons, the workplace and to private clients. We are looking for a clinical director to join us at an exciting turning point in our journey.
Atrium are a small, friendly company established over 20 years ago. Historically we have solely provided 1-1 therapy for private clients and counselling services for offenders in several large London prisons. In 2019 we launched our Workplace division which aims to prevent, manage and mitigate poor mental health in the workplace. We are designing and delivering innovative, digital products including assessments, training and development, education, HR guidance, strategy consulting and direct therapy at management level in companies.
- To provide clinical leadership to the company
- To hold clinical responsibility for the workplace products and services
- Attend contract meetings for Prison Division
- Provide clinical direction to the services, the development of literature, guidelines, materials and methodologies
- To support sales and marketing activities, approve copy and content, and attend meetings to provide clinical perspective where required as a part of these processes
- To be a key opinion leader, curating and writing blog content, networking and promoting Atrium
- To manage the recruitment and training of new clinical staff
- Triaging of referred patients where required in the prison division
- Attending clinical and risk meetings
- Research and monitor changing trends, papers and models which are included in the training and education courses
- Review and approve products from a clinical perspective
- To provide clinical opinion as a part of consultancy work
- To deliver elements of workplace face to face training if required. This will be a very small proportion of the role
- To provide limited supervision for some clinical staff in all 3 divisions (prison, workplace, and private therapy) (this could be an optional component)
- To be responsible for managing risk within the company. This will include dealing with incidents, daily tasks, and decision making to result in safe and effective operations
- To monitor and ensure service standards are upheld
- To provide reports, and attend review meetings on the overall performance of the prison services
- You hold a PhD in Psychiatry or Psychology
- You will have some experience, research or practical in the forensic, and/or occupational mental health setting
- You have desire to work in the private sector, and be part of a fast paced team who help build a commercially successful company
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, and be comfortable in a variety of challenging settings, such as prisons, corporate environments and a start up company
- You will have excellent written and verbal skills, and be comfortable presenting
- Experience supervising and supporting a team of staff
- Good IT literacy, with Microsoft Office suite, as a minimum
- Will pass an extended DBS Check.
- You will have 5+ years of clinical practice
- You will have a strong network which could be leveraged as contractors if required
See attached Clinical director Job Specification:
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Jobs@atriumclinic.co.uk
The ideal starting date for this post is January 2020.