Clinical Institute Director – Psychotherapy Training, Research and Development
Location: Borough, London with frequent travel to Kent and Norfolk
Salary: £62,500.00 – £76,500.00 per annum
Benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, up to 6% employer pension contribution, health benefit and life assurance scheme
Are you a senior psychotherapeutic practitioner and clinical educator?
Do you want to take a leading role in shaping some of the finest children’s mental health provision in the UK, and the psychotherapeutic practitioners of tomorrow?
The iST Institute is a leading children’s mental health charity that enables children and young people to recover from severe relational trauma, to enjoy life and to achieve their true potential. We have been supporting troubled young people for over 100 years.
As Childhood First, we provide specialist psychotherapeutic services, including
- residential care
- special education
- fostering and family support.
As the iST Institute we:
- deliver nationally accredited (UKCP) child psychotherapy and counselling training;
- continually evaluate and develop our unique psychotherapeutic modality - Integrated Systemic Therapy;
- undertake research in therapeutic residential and foster care, including our own in-house research programme and external studies up to PhD level;
- play a full part in shaping national child psychotherapy developments, through our organisational membership of the UK Council for Psychotherapy. Our CEO recently served as chair of the UKCP’s child college.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with relevant experience in:
- clinical psychotherapeutic care and treatment
- psychotherapeutic training, service evaluation and research.
The closing date is 30 April 2020 and first interviews will be held on 6 and 7 May 2020. Second interviews are planned for 20 May 2020. Candidates should ensure they are free to be interviewed on these dates.
To download an information pack about the role please visit our website www.childhoodfirst.org.uk or call 0203 326 4756.
To apply for the post please forward your CV with a covering letter/personal statement addressing the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a telephone conversation about this role with our Chief Executive, Stephen Blunden, please email him on email@example.com and he will arrange a time directly with you.
The iST Institute is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and children. Appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure and references.