FIXED TERM CONTRACT (3 YEARS)
FULL TIME OR PART TIME (0.8 FTE, 4 DAYS PER WEEK)
The role is based in South East London but may involve travel within the UK as restrictions are lifted through 2021.
£52,000 - £57,500 per annum (depending on experience), full time or part time (4 days per week)
Power The Fight was launched in 2019 in response to the UK’s rapid increase in serious violence affecting young people and its disproportionate impact on vulnerable and minority communities.
In 2020 we launched a research report called Therapeutic Intervention for Peace (TIP), focused on developing culturally competent therapeutic services for families and peers affected by traumatic loss through youth violence. The research was supported by the Mayor of London’s Violence Reduction Unit in recognition of the lack of appropriate provision currently offered in the aftermath of incidents, and the impact of this gap on individuals and communities from racial minority backgrounds.
We have begun to implement the recommendations of the TIP report in partnership with three individual schools, one London local authority and one NHS Trust. Power The Fight is now seeking expressions of interest from culturally competent and qualified individuals for the role of Clinical Lead, to oversee the development of the TIP approach in individual schools and at strategic level across multiple Boroughs, with the ultimate aim of developing a model which can be scaled across the UK (through training and consultancy) to promote cultural competency and systemic change as recommended in the TIP Report.
Job Title Clinical Lead – Therapeutic Intervention For Peace
Responsible to CEO - this will include an annual appraisal
Hours per week 32 – 40 (0.8 – full time) depending on other work commitments
Location South East London
Manages 2 Psychologist
Purpose of the role
- To oversee, develop and be responsible for all clinical governance relating to school-specific delivery
- To oversee, develop and be responsible for all clinical governance relating to Borough-specific delivery
- To provide clinical supervision and consultation to Power The Fight Psychologists across schools and Boroughs
- To work as an autonomous professional within relevant professional guidelines and codes of conduct, and guided by principles and policies or procedures of the service, and taking responsibility for interpreting policies within defined parameters
- To agree outcomes/results with CEO and Head of Training & Programmes and decide how they can be best achieved
- To ensure the development, maintenance and dissemination of the highest professional standards of practice, through active participation in internal and external CPD training and development programmes
For more details, please download the full job description and person specification at www.powerthefight.org.uk/jobs
Closing Date: Friday 5th November 2021