We are currently recruiting for a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist.
It is an exciting opportunity to join our highly-qualified and friendly team. Please also refer to our website for more details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, gender, disabilities, religions/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
About the role:
- Job type: Full-time (a part-time position could be available on negotiation).
- Working pattern: 37.5 hours per week, typically from 9am-5pm on Monday to Friday. Some after-hours work will be required. Flexibility in after-hours work will be a required component.
- Salary: £45,000 – £50 000 (pro-rata if part-time). Negotiable depending on experience.
- Band: NHS AfC Band 8a equivalent (although we do not band roles here at Gateway Psychology).
- Specialism: Children, young people and families.
- Reporting to: Clinical Director or designate.
- Location: Gateway Psychology, 7-9 The Boulevard, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 6BD. Some travel will be required depending on client and business requirements.
- 36 days paid annual leave (includes Bank Holidays)
- Attractive pension scheme
- Potential for flexible working or part-time work
- A company sick pay scheme
- An excellent purpose-built facility dedicated to therapeutic work with children and young people, as well as a high-spec training facility.
- Assesses & treats own caseload of clients & maintains associated records
- Provides, develops and manages highly specialist interventions
- Develops and delivers training, online webinars and e-Learning materials, both online and face-to-face
- Clinically supervises less experienced psychologists, assistant(s), trainee(s)
- Co-ordinates provision of specialist service; provides specialist advice to other professions and carers
- Assists in the overall day-to-day running and management of the company under the guidance of the Clinical Director
- Doctorate in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, meeting requirements for HCPC registration (mandatory)
Professional registrations required:
- Registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) is mandatory.
- Registration with the British Psychological Society (BPS) is desirable.
- While Gateway Psychology does not band jobs, the Clinical / Counselling Psychologist position we have available is equivalent to NHS AfC Band 8a role, depending on experience.
- Clinical experience of working with children, families and young people is essential and experience in looked-after or adopted children and early trauma and attachment disorders in children is highly desirable.
- Experience in trauma-based therapies such as DDP and Theraplay® is also highly desirable.
- Minimum of three years post-qualification in a suitable environment with children, young people and their families is mandatory.