The Beekeeper is seeking suitably qualified and licensed candidates as a Senior Counselling or Clinical Psychologist to be employed at the Beekeeper, full time. We offer a competitive take-home salary. We will also offer a package comprehensive health insurance, professional development, relocation package and signing fee upon agreement to assist with relocation costs. We are seeking to fill two roles in Thailand. The roles in Thailand will be working in an inpatient centre in Chiang Mai called Beekeeper House, that will have a focus on rehabilitation with respect to substance misuse and co-occurring mental health issues. As a leading regional organisation there is great potential for growth and development, as well as being part of a vibrant team. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to train and work in both countries where we operate, as and when appropriate. And there is of course the opportunity to contribute to the development of psychology as an emergent sector in the region, as well as experiencing the beauty and adventure of South East Asia.
The Beekeeper is an independent mental health clinic and wellbeing centre in Phnom Penh that practices, and promotes, the bringing together of contemporary Western evidence-based theory with Eastern philosophical approaches in order to achieve powerful and positive outcomes for our clients. We are opening a new rehab centre in Chiang Mai, which will be an exciting new venture to be part of and offer the opportunity for professionals to influence and shape the future of the organisation.
The Beekeeper is a partnership between trained and qualified specialists in mental health wellbeing and therapy. Our practitioners come from culturally diverse countries, but all share a belief in the power of mental wellbeing services to improve Cambodia’s and Thailand’s future. We work as a co-operative, so decision making is done through consensus and we always put the client's well-being at the heart of all of our decisions.
Our Mission is to offer a range of community, therapeutic and mental health services to people living in Cambodia and Thailand, drawing on Eastern philosophies and Western approaches, and accessible to all.
Our Vision is to support the development of happier and more resilient clients through improved mental health wellbeing.
We are seeking Psychologists who are mental health practitioners who specialise in treating patients with emotional crises, stress, anxiety, and behavioral disorders. Their primary responsibilities include offering patient consultations and implementing individualized psychological treatment. We are looking for emotionally sensitive candidates with excellent problem-solving skills who are committed to helping people better their lives. The responsibilities of a Counselling/Clinical Psychologist include listening to patients and identifying their core problems, building strong, long-term relationships based on trust and monitoring patient response to treatment over time, among other duties.
The candidate should be an expert problem solver with good diagnostic skills. This requires a highly analytical mindset and the ability to understand people on a psychoanalytic level. Fluency in English is needed with proficiency in another language desirable.
- Scheduling patient consultations.
- Assessing patients and identifying their problems.
- Engaging in discussion with patients and making them feel comfortable.
- Implementing individualized treatment programs.
- Undertaking psychometric testing.
- Evaluating patient responses to treatment over time.
- Organizing a long-term counselling plan that involves multiple visits.
- Offering services to all age groups.
- Offering both one-on-one and group counselling.
- Keeping a detailed account of the patient mental health history.
- Being patient and building relationships based on trust.
- Ensure weekly group supervision take place with other existing practitioners.
- Relevant degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology.
- Attainment of a relevant license in Counselling or Clinical Psychology or equivalent.
- Good observational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Empathy and sensitivity when dealing with patients.
- Highly analytical mindset.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- At least five year’s experience in a clinical setting.
Please email a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Beekeeper does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
The Beekeeper is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, colour, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.