Purpose of the job
The post holder will provide psychological therapy; assessments, training, consultancy and supervision, being responsible for their own caseload which may include groups and/or individuals and assessments, with day-to-day delivery of clinical excellence, ensuring performance and compliance requirements are met.
- Work with people referred to the Autism and ADHD service for adults, providing assessment, diagnosis and psychological therapy services to individuals presenting with Autism or ADHD, possibly with a wide range of psychological problems, including those with complex issues.
- Screen new referrals, provide appropriate documentation and make appropriate decisions and referrals for ongoing treatment by appropriate treatment models.
- Evaluate and assess clinical practice and outcomes using appropriate and agreed evaluation tools.
- Maintain an appropriate level of clinical activity as agreed with the Service Lead for Autism and ADHD.
- Participate in MDT and team meetings and contribute to shared understandings of clinical processes.
- Provide supervision to internal and external therapists, as required and agreed, and contribute to the development and delivery of training and other CPD activities as appropriate
- Support and develop the evaluation of the Autism and ADHD services, outcome measurement and research activity.
- Undertake training, research and/or consultancy services
- Manage challenging therapeutic work in a way appropriate to individuals and the ethos of The Retreat.
- Be responsible for own professional self-regulation, accreditation and abide by the legal requirements and statutory rules relating to practice.
- Ensure all information regarding people using the service, activity, appointments and funding is logged, up to date and entered in the electronic records system.
- To perform your role in such a way as to have due regard for commercial and business development opportunities
- To take personal responsibility to protect and enforce the organisation’s brand, reputation and Intellectual Property
- To have a continual focus on service improvement, making suggestions to your line manager accordingly
- To work to team/organisational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and individual objectives as part of The Retreat performance management framework
- To work evenings and/or weekends if required
- Carry out other duties that may be commensurate with the post and the skills and experience of the individual as the organisation may require.
- Productivity, as measured by number of sessions and/or assessments and supervision completed per week, as agreed with the Service Lead for Autism and ADHD
- Provide high quality therapy as measured by appropriate and agreed evaluation tools.
- Amount and quality of activity in relation to service evaluation, outcome measurement and research activity, to a level agreed with the Service Lead for Autism and ADHD.
- Clinical record keeping, as measured by appropriate audits of defensible documentation
The Retreat is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment including any specific duties for their role as identified under the Safeguarding Policy.
- Educated to degree level with appropriate post-graduate qualifications and accreditation with an appropriate professional body.
- Knowledge of and skills in an appropriate therapy modality with a specialism relevant to the requirements of The Retreat.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of using outcomes measures to evaluate own clinical practice.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Self-motivated & organised with the ability to work & stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to deal with distressing or emotional circumstances and take care of own well-being on a very regular and frequent basis.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of all word packages and the ability to learn and work with other software packages.
- Experience in working with at least one specialism, such as PTSD, complex trauma, eating disorders, OCD.
- Training and experience in clinical supervision.
- Experience and knowledge of the delivery of training courses for other professionals.
- Knowledge of how to implement evaluation of services and research activity. Knowledge of how to improve the quality of services.