Autism Wessex are excited to share this new opportunity for a Clinical Psychologist to join our Charity in a time of growth and development. This role will be based in our newly established Chris Page Autism Centre at Portfield School and will be a vital support for children and adults with autism and their families.
The Chris Page Autism Centre is a resource centre for children, adults and their families who need assessment or diagnosis. It provides screening, assessment, diagnosis and therapeutic support for those with autism and a wide variety of other neuro-diverse conditions. This Centre’s aim is to achieve earlier recognition for families and to improve the quality of lives of all people in the region who are affected by autism.
We know that families want a service which is person centred, safe and effective. We offer a caring, secure and supportive approach to assessment for anyone with or without a diagnosis, who needs our services.
The key elements of the role include:
- Delivering psychological therapy and support to the people we support and their families
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis of autism
- Provide therapeutic intervention and support plans
- Establish and preserve a culture of support and cohesion for families.
Our ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 1 year experience of diagnosing autism and working with ADI-R & ADOS diagnostic tool
- Experience working with children and adults with autism and their families
- Familiar with NICE guidelines on diagnosis
- Communicate effectively, with a high standard of report writing, and be able to maintain records appropriately
- Assure the quality of their practice, and reflect on and review their practice
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Offer a person-centred approach to deliver care plans
This role is part time and hours are negotiable for the right candidate. We only recruit the best and in return for your commitment, the charity offers an attractive salary and benefits.