Salary: £37,000 to £39,000 per annum (Band 7 Point 30)
Working pattern: 37.5 hours per week (Mon-Fri 9am-5.00pm)
Staff Group: Allied Health Professionals
Specialty/Function: Specialist Rehabilitation Service and Complex Disability Management
Working with The Huntercombe Group is rewarding and varied. Through our “Conversation into Action” programme we actively encourage our employees to get involved and to drive organisational change for the better.
Blackheath Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre – London, SE10
The centre provides comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation and therapy for male and female adolescents and adults (over 17 years), specialising in the treatment of patients with a brain injury or other complex neurological condition.
Throughout their stay with us, our patients are encouraged to make individual choices about all aspects of life at the centre and to be as independent as possible.
The centre is located in South East London close to Blackheath and Lewisham, directly on the A2 with Greenwich, Lewisham and Blackheath stations all close by.
This exciting and dynamic role will place you at the heart of a clinical team, working closely with patients and other healthcare professionals.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
We are looking for a fully qualified and experienced Clinical Psychologist with experience in Neuropsychology, who has the ability to work autonomously within the context of a multi-disciplinary team approach and undertake specific clinical work with patients and their families in response to clinical needs, in a way which coheres with the overall treatment philosophy of the Centre.
- Providing a high quality specialist clinical Neuropsychology service, within the multidisciplinary neuro rehabilitation team
- Supervising and supporting neuropsychological assessment and therapy provided by other psychologists, including, trainee, and assistant psychologists
- Contributing to the supervision of psychological therapy provided by other psychologists, including trainee, and assistant psychologists
- Working autonomously within professional guidelines and exercising responsibility for psychological practice within a current caseload.
- Utilising research skills for audit, policy, service development and clinical research
- Implementing policy changes within the neuropsychology service and the wider organisation.
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Clinical Psychologist at Blackheath you will:-
- Possess Post-graduate doctorate level training in Clinical Psychology
- Be a HPC registered Clinical Psychologist
- Have specialised knowledge of neuropsychological disorders, neuroanatomy and neurological conditions
- Have an advanced (doctoral level) knowledge of research design and methodology including data analysis as practised within the field of clinical psychology
- Experience of working with a range of client groups, presenting a range of clinical severity, in a range of care settings, including in-patient and outpatient work
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, highly technical and clinically sensitive information to patients, families, carers and other professional colleagues, both within and outside the NHS setting
- Ability to provide and/or identify appropriate support to carers and staff managing individuals with complex cognitive or behavioural deficits
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
In return we offer you:
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and development
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.
If you like what you have read, are dynamic, forward thinking and keen to learn, with a confident ‘CAN DO’ approach in all you do, please click Apply now.
To learn more about The Huntercombe Group please visit our website https://huntercombe.com/