Clinical Psychologist, Adult Mental Health, Maidenhead SL6 Area. £50,000 + p.a. / 40 hour week.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Windsor Clinical and Home Care services for a Clinical Psychologist, mental health to join a multidisciplinary team in our 42 bed specialist mental health facility in Hurley, Berkshire,
The role is a senior one, reporting directly to the Head of Operations and the CEO, there may be a requirement for some occasional travel to other services in the group, located in the Midlands and North of England.
The function of the role is to assess and evaluate client problems and provide counselling services to assist service users in achieving more effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment, you will be assisted by assistant psychologists.
The roles main duties:
- Counsel individuals, groups, or families to help them understand problems, define goals, and develop realistic action plans.
- Collect information about individuals or clients, using interviews, case histories, observational techniques, and other assessment methods.
- Develop therapeutic and treatment plans based on clients' interests, abilities, and needs.
- Consult with other professionals to discuss therapies, treatments, counselling resources, or techniques, and to share occupational information.
- Analyse data such as interview notes, test results, and reference manuals to identify symptoms and to diagnose the nature of clients' problems.
- Advise clients on how they could be helped by counselling.
- Evaluate the results of counselling methods to determine the reliability and validity of treatments.
- Select, administer, and interpret psychological tests to assess intelligence, aptitudes, abilities, or interests.
- Provide consulting services to schools, social service agencies, and businesses.
- Refer clients to specialists or to other institutions for non-counselling treatment of problems.
- Undertake structured interviews, psychological assessments (including complex psychometric tests) and observations of individuals and groups.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- With doctoral level qualification in clinical or forensic psychology, and registered as a Chartered Psychologist, you may also have post-doctoral training in one or more specialised areas such as psychiatric or and at least 12 months post qualification experience in mental health services.
- Experienced in working in a multidisciplinary team within a community setting.
- Strong working knowledge of mental health legislation and research processes within clinical services.
- Experienced in both clinical and non-clinical management roles.
- Experienced and competent in undertaking audits.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to your own professional development.
Remuneration Package includes:
- £50,000 + per annum salary
- 28 days annual leave – including Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free secure car parking