Looking for a great place to continue your career?
Join a World Class Developmental Pediatrics & Therapy Team in China. Living and working in China can be the personal and professional experience of a lifetime.
LIH Healthcare (LIH) is a dynamic healthcare organization specializing in rehabilitation medical services. We have three clinics specializing in developmental pediatrics and therapy and a hospital providing inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative care to both adults and children. Our facilities are currently located in Beijing, Kunming, Shanghai, and Shenzhen but will be expanding to other major cities in China in the future. Our mission is to become the leading China rehabilitation services provider over the next 5-10 years and our vision is to enable all people of China to access high-quality, evidence-based, interdisciplinary rehabilitation services.
LIH Olivia’s Place(Beijing/Shanghai/Shenzhen)
Olivia’s Place was founded in 2010 by Nelson Chow, after giving birth to their daughter Olivia, who has been diagnosed with Down’s Syndrome, merging with LIH in 2015 and name changed as LIH Olivia’s Place. LIH Olivia’s Place provides quality medical care to all children (age 0-21) from Chinese families, as well as expatriate families living in China. Our multinational staff provide high-quality, individualized, child-centered care. They are also committed to community outreach through pro-bono work and teaching.
LIH SkyCity Rehabilitation Hospital (Kunming)
LIH Skycity Rehabilitation is the first rehabilitation hospital in Southwest China. This 100+ bed facility opens from March 2017. LIH SkyCity serves as the flagship in the LIH Healthcare system, providing a model for rehabilitative care in China and adhering to international standards of rehabilitative care. The scope of service includes orthopaedic, neurological, cardiopulmonary, paediatric, and geriatric rehabilitation, as well as pain management.
Your Role and Responsibility:
The Clinical Psychologist is a full-time staff who will work closely with clients. In this role, you need to:
- Provide expertise and be responsible for the provision of the selection and administration of specialist standardized psychological assessments (including, but not restricted to formal school assessments, neuropsychological tests, diagnostic schedules, questionnaires etc). This includes the highly specialist assessment of individuals across school, health and community settings
- Provide expertise and be responsible for the scoring, interpretation and adaptation of test materials to inform interventions in cross cultural and multilingual settings,
- Generate psychological reports that incorporate knowledge and information from a range of sources, which seek to clarify the referral question and inform clients, families, schools and partner services
- Generate effective, knowledgeable and meaningful conclusions and recommendations that can inform and guide future school, health and social needs
- Select and deliver evidence based psychological interventions (including formal psychological therapies) monitoring outcomes and modifying and adapting delivery to meet individual needs. To offer interventions to individuals, families and services where appropriate
- Participate as an active member of an interdisciplinary team, seeking advice and giving support as appropriate
- Provide teaching, mentoring and clinical supervision to junior or Chinese trained psychologists and counselors
- Other related work assigned by your line manager
- Master’s or Doctoral level qualification in clinical, counselling or educational/school psychology leading to license or registration with a recognized professional or licensing body
- A minimum of 6 years of post-qualification work experience; A minimum of 4 years working in a child, school or neuropsychology setting
- With passion for helping children with special needs, and their families, reach their full potential
- Good spoken and written English, bilingual prefered (Chinese and English)
- Good computer skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and health insurance coverage
- Sponsored visa for expatriate staff
- Chinese public holidays and paid time off (PTO)
- Expatriate employee relocation package
- Employee stock/profit sharing programs
- Clinical supervision and professional development/continuing education
- Patient referral bonus program
- Employee recruitment bonus program
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing healthcare organization with a strong community-focus
- Supervision and clinical leadership is available from internationally trained psychologists from the US, UK and Taiwan.
You can contact us to learn more about current open positions and specific requirements: