Location: Ellingham - Ellingham Hospital and school East Anglia,Ellingham Road, Attleborough, Norfolk NR17 1AE
Priory Group Division: Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £40,000 - £42,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hrs p/wk
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don’t just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn’t exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Ellingham hospital is a hospital offering assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to young people within the age range of 12 to 18 years old. Cherry Oak ward is a low secure mixed unit and caters specifically to the needs of young people who are experiencing significant mental health difficulties and also demonstrate some level of functional impairment, which may be attributable to a learning disability, a neurodevelopmental diagnosis (e.g. autism, ADHD). Woodlands is a adolescent mixed ward catering specifically for young people who are experiencing significant mental health difficulties and also demonstrate some level of functional impairment, which may be attributable to a learning disability, a neurodevelopmental diagnosis (e.g. autism, ADHD), or another neurological issue (e.g. brain injury). Redwood ward is a 24 bedded ward for adults age 18 and over with an acute mental health problems. The hospital is supported by a robust multi-disciplinary team of professionals including psychiatrist, psychologist speech & language therapist, Occupational therapist, nurses, social worker and a family therapist. There is also an Ofsted registered school on site supporting the young people with their education.
- To contribute to the provision of the comprehensive and specialist clinical psychology service to young people and families at Ellingham Hospital.
- To provide specialist psychological assessment, and offer advice and consultation on clients psychological care to non-psychology colleagues and carers.
- To provide specialist psychological interventions through initiating and implementing treatment programmes in collaboration with other team members.
- To liaise with referrers, external agencies, and organisations as appropriate.
- To produce and disseminate reports and clinical summaries of an excellent standard
- To support the Lead Psychologist in the comprehensive systematic recording, tracking and reporting of clinical outcomes including the use of standardised measures (QNIC ROM, CQUIN requirements etc.)
- To participate (under the direction of the Lead Psychologist) in contributing to regional audits as well as the research programme for the hospital.
- To have the capacity to work autonomously and within professional guidelines and the overall framework of Ellingham Hospital policies and procedures.
The successful candidate must be a registered practitioner with the HCPC and the BPS.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.