Clinical Psychologist - Autism Specialist
Salary: Band 7/8a on NHS AfC (dependent on skills/experience)
Part Time - 2-3 days a week
Position to commence October 2018
Eagle House Group is an independent co-educational day provision for pupils between the ages of 4 and 19, providing education for pupils who have an autistic spectrum disorder. An exciting, unique opportunity has arisen where we are seeking a qualified and experienced Clinical Psychologist with a passionate interest in supporting children with autism, to complement our current therapy team.
You will be responsible for supporting autism practice across three day school provisions, providing clinical supervision to the assistant psychologists and support and advice to the schools’ behaviour teams. It is essential that applicants have experience of working with children and young people with Autism and related disorders. Applicants must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
The role involves:
- Being part of a dynamic and autism focused multi –disciplinary team
- Supporting the educational needs of 150 young people with ASD across three highly specialist provisions
- Responsibility for a strong ethos of Positive Behaviour Support and pupil wellbeing across both schools
- Working as part of a senior therapy team including senior SALT and Senior OT to develop autism specific approaches and strategies across the schools
- Supporting the psychologists and behaviour teams in order that they can minimise the impact of each pupil’s autism and maximise their potential for future adult life
If successful, we can offer you:
- Membership of Pension Scheme
- Membership of Our private Health Care Plan
- Access to our nursery voucher scheme
- Opportunities for CPD
- Supervision from a Consultant Clinical Psychologist
If you would like to have an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact us on 0208 770 7788 and ask to speak to Julia Pithouse (Chief Executive Officer) or Dr Jenny Alvarez (Company Consultant Clinical Psychologist) on 07539 870025
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 0208 770 7788 or by email to Geeta.email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered. For more company information please visit our website: www.eaglehousegroup.co.uk
Closing date: 4th September 2018
Interview date: TBC