Clinical Psychologist, Children's Education - Hillingdon Manor
Salary: £38,792 per annum
Employment Type: Term time/ full time
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours
At Hillingdon Manor, we provide specialist education for 185 pupils, aged between 5-19 years old. Located across two sites, we deploy a wide range of teaching strategies to engage and develop the progress of learners, who present with a range of learning difficulties and styles. Our students are taught in smaller class sizes and all students work towards a specialist curriculum tailored to their individual needs. We are in commuting distance of Cowley, Colham Green, Yiewsley, Hillingdon, Hayes and surrounding areas.
Job Summary and Duties
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Clinical Psychologist to specialise in supporting children and young people with ASD. This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work within a local MDT, fully integrated into the life of a local educational setting and also be part of a Nationwide Clinical Team with over 65 members
- Receive specialist support and supervision to develop your own specialism
- Be encouraged and supported to undertake CPD
- Be creative and think outside of the box
- Influence and develop policy and practice
- Publish and share your ideas and achievements
Following a thorough induction, your duties would include:
- Providing specialist expertise and clinical psychology principles and techniques through advice, supervision, and consultation.
- Undertaking direct intervention with clients and work with your own caseload to provide specialist assessment and intervention, under the supervision of the Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
- Making decisions about intervention options using evidence-based research, theory, practice and highly complex factors considering historical and developmental processes which have shaped the children, young people and their families.
- Formulating plans for intervention, management, and support based on psychological understanding.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis working 37.5 hours per week, term-time only
Key Skills Required
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or its equivalent as accredited by the BPS
- Experience and skills in clinical psychology assessment and therapeutic work
- Able to work with children & young people with recognised mental health disorders, and developmental difficulties
- Knowledge of lifespan developmental psychology, models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology and one or more distinct psychological therapies.
Please get in touch with our recruitment team on 0330 998 0441 to arrange a direct conversation with our Clinical Lead or apply online now.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
For further information, including a job description, and to apply, please click the Apply Now button below.