Options Kinsale offers an integrated residential, education and care package for children between 8 and 19 years with a wide range of complex needs, including; Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, Dyspraxia and ADHD. We have a dedicated staff team who are focused on the delivery of high quality, child centred, bespoke packages of care and education. Our service is in within easy reach of Rhyl, Llandudno, Bangor, Wrexham, Flint, Mold, Prestatyn, Chester and surrounding towns.
Job Summary and Duties
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Clinical Psychologist to join our multi-disciplinary and clinical teams. Embedded within the service you will work collaboratively with all the Options team to promote the quality of life, wellbeing and best interests of the individuals we support. You will undertake all aspects of Clinical Psychology duties, including assessment, formulation and intervention and will provide consultation, advice, information and training to staff enhancing their understanding and practice and support the meaningful gathering and analysis of outcome measures.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis working 37.5 hours per week however part time hours may be considered.
Following a thorough induction, your duties would include:
- Provide specialist expertise and clinical psychology principles and techniques through advice, supervision and consultation.
- Undertake direct intervention with clients and work with your own case load to provide specialist assessment and intervention, under the supervision of the Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
- Make decisions about intervention options using evidence based research, theory, practise and highly complex factors considering historical and developmental processes which have shaped the client group and their families.
- Formulate plans for the intervention, management and support based on psychological understanding.
Key Skills Required
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or its equivalent as accredited by the BPS
- Relevant experience of working as a Clinical Psychologist
- Experience and skills in clinical psychology assessment and therapeutic work
- Able to work with specific client groups with recognised mental health disorders, and developmental difficulties
- Knowledge of lifespan developmental psychology, models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology and one or more distinct psychological therapies.
Please apply online now or call 01745 562500 for further information.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
For further information including a full description please click here. To apply, please click the Apply Now button below to submit a CV and cover letter.