CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST - CYP
CHILDREN & YOUNG PERSON SERVICE
POSITION: Part Time and Full Time (minimum of 22.5 hours per week)
LOCATION: Home based
SALARY: £39,000 - £48,500 FTE dependent on experience
SUITABLE FOR NEWLY QUALIFIED: Yes
Do you find yourself feeling frustrated by wait times families face? Are you an innovator keen to contribute to service development without the opportunity to do so? Do you believe in making mental health services as accessible as possible?
Join us at Healios and be part of the solution.
Founded in 2013, Healios is a leading specialist digital healthcare company working to empower children, young people and families affected by mental health and neurodevelopmental conditions to achieve long-term outcomes and wellbeing. Our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere. We work in partnership with NHS Trusts across the country to provide specialist assessment and therapeutic services using evidence based approaches augmented by digital technology. We sit alongside our NHS CAMHS colleagues as a virtual extension of community services as well as supporting waitlist reduction initiatives. We take pride in our ‘family centric’ ethos, working closely with parents and caregivers as appropriate. Our unique online clinical platform supports increased accessibility; it enables people to be seen where they feel most comfortable and allows family members to join a session from different locations simultaneously.
Clinical Psychologists have a central and vital role within the company not just in the delivery of clinical sessions but also contributing to the development of our organisation. We have a variety of opportunities for Clinical Psychologists within our organisation, dependent upon experience and areas of interest. We are inviting you to join us in achieving the following:
- Delivery of clinical sessions within the mental health division, via pioneering Healios online platform, to include initial needs assessments and time limited therapeutic intervention drawing on cognitive behavioural therapy, solution focused and systemic approaches
- Development and leadership of new multimodal clinical services which integrate our mobile-phone app (ThinkNinja), text and videoconferencing to deliver psychological therapy and wellbeing interventions for young people and adults
- Contribution towards clinical trials, research, product development and continuous quality improvement
- Opportunity to provide high quality specialist assessments for suspected neurodevelopmental difference
- Assessment and monitoring of risk and contributing to care planning
- Consultation to Healios multi-disciplinary colleagues also working with C&YP
- Supervision of Trainee Psychologists, Assistant Psychologists and wellbeing coaches
- Contribution to and participation in our internal CPD programme
- Development of new clinical initiatives and products in line with the latest research and practice based evidence in conjunction with Healios Labs
As a Clinical Psychologist in our service you will report into a Team Lead and have access to regular clinical supervision and you will be part of a thriving Team.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO HEALIOS
- You are either a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist with HCPC registration*
- Demonstrable experience of working in front-line children and young people or adult mental health services across a range of mental health difficulties
- A curious mind-set that underpins your continuous drive to challenge the status quo for achieving better outcomes
- A passion for supporting people to improve their lives
- Flexibility to support our mission of bringing healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere. In order to meet our clients’ needs this role requires a proportion of evening and/or weekend work
- A commitment to ethical practice and adherence to the highest standards of safeguarding of adults/children
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carer and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS
- Excellent computer skills and a willingness to embrace online working
* We welcome applications from Trainees nearing the end of their clinical training who are eligible for HCPC registration and are able to provide additional structure and support around this role commensurate with newly qualified status.
GREAT TO HAVE
- BABCP accreditation or eligible for accreditation
- Supervisor training and experience of providing clinical supervision
- Experience of adapting therapeutic support to accommodate neurodivergence
- Post qualification training in specialist therapeutic intervention
- Experience of working in a service where agreed targets are in place to demonstrate clinical outcomes
- Experience of supervising Trainee Clinical Psychologists
- Experience leading on service development initiatives
- Experience of delivering therapy online
- Experienced of delivering text based therapeutic support
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered. We have a highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents and experiences together to solve complex clinical problems without the constraints of geographical barriers. We are an organisation that values people and we take the wellbeing of our staff seriously. We hold regular wellbeing events including staff yoga, mindfulness/meditation and walking groups. On top of this we offer:
- A chance to grow and further develop your professional interests which can include developmental opportunities within the organisation
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support
- An energetic and motivated culture with regular staff events
- Opportunities to work on exciting and transformative innovations
- Flexible, home based role where you can practice from the comfort of your own home or office
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays and closure days) plus a day off for your birthday with the option to purchase additional leave of up to 2 weeks
- An enhanced maternity package – which includes an additional benefit of a 3 months phased return to work paid at full salary
- A company laptop
- Company pension scheme
MORE ABOUT HEALIOS
Healios is pioneering the world’s first digitalisation of NHS Mental Health Trust outpatient services, covering multiple complex specialist assessment and psychological intervention services. By digitising entire clinical pathways, we enable children, adults and their family members to receive and seamlessly transition between clinical services from the comfort of their home. By blending the best of technology, design, specialised clinical expertise and a personal human connection, Healios is transforming the experience of how care is accessed and received to help young people and families lead a better quality of life.
We are an organisation that empowers our staff to make a real difference not only in reshaping how mental health and neurodevelopmental services are delivered across the UK, but also in the lives of those individuals and families who need our support. Our teams are friendly, focused and passionate about making a positive difference to our patients and their families.
We encourage our teams to constantly push for better outcomes and we embrace change to assist in the development of the company and our staff . Everyone’s input and opinion matters to us and we work in an environment where this is encouraged. We are looking forward to working with you.
PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependant on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.