An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Psychologist specialising in Neuropsychology to join our team at our private neurorehabilitation hospital in Surrey. Established in 2012 and recently winning a Queen's Award for Enterprise, Ascot Rehab is a specialist rehab unit providing bespoke interdisciplinary rehabilitation for 15 inpatient beds and a successful outpatient service.
We are looking for a Clinical Psychologist dedicated to working in neurorehabilitation to join our neuropsychology team and offering the opportunity to work alongside a team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists and Rehabilitation Assistants.
- You will provide a highly specialised clinical neuropsychological service to adults with neurological, neurosurgical or related psychological conditions and to their families and carers, under the supervision of more senior neuropsychology colleagues.
- You will assess, formulate, plan, implement and review appropriate rehabilitation programmes.
- You will advise the wider team and family/carers on strategies to manage behaviour.
- You will be involved in training members of the team about various psychological principles.
- You will manage our outcomes database
- You will be involved in, and where appropriate take a lead in, research being undertaken at Ascot Rehab.
- Registration with the HCPC (essential)
- Doctorate in clinical psychology and demonstrated interest/experience in Neuropsychology (essential)
- Experience of working as a member of a multidisciplinary team (essential)
- Knowledge/experience of neuropsychological assessment (essential)
- Good formulation skills in a neuropsychology setting (essential)
- Training in neuropsychology in addition to doctoral training (desirable)
- Experience of research in a neuropsychological field (desirable)
- Experience of working in a neurorehabilitation setting (desirable)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- We offer the opportunity to work in a structured environment that offers extensive support and encourages professional development and peer review.
For more information about Ascot Rehab please visit our website http://www.ascotrehab.com/
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact Sal Connolly on 01276 450 820
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a short cover letter to Marydelia Mitchell, HR Associate firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications is Friday 7th July 2017.