Belfast Health & Social Care Trust is the largest integrated Trust within the United Kingdom. It delivers integrated health and social care to a population of approximately 340,000 citizens in Belfast and provides the majority of regional specialist services to all of Northern Ireland. It has an annual budget of £1.3billion and a workforce of over 20,000 staff.
This breadth of remit is reflected in the Psychological Services Department which employs around 100 staff and provides services across a large number of areas including Adult Mental Health, Learning Disability, Older Adults, Physical Health Conditions, LAC, Paediatrics, Neuropsychology and Autism. The remit of services can be both locality focused and regional.
The Service employs a range of staff across the applied Psychology family (including Clinical, Counselling and Forensic Psychologists) and pre-qualification posts. The service also embraces a significantly multidisciplinary approach to provision with Primary Mental Health Workers, AHP colleagues, Psychotherapists, Social Workers embedded within the Department, co-delivering services within the teams.
The Department has a strong ethos of investing in staff ongoing training and facilitating involvement in research and quality improvement initiatives. There is an increasing emphasis on an Outcomes Based Approach to service delivery and opportunities for projects in these areas.
There are a number of Senior positions becoming available within the service in the next number of months, both due to creation of new posts, retirements and vacancies. These posts can be accessed and applied for via the NI recruitment website: www.hscrecruit.com
Anyone wishing to discuss any of the posts please email Dr Sarah Meekin, Head of Psychological Services email@example.com or phone her PA Joan Gallery on 02890 636608.
These posts include:
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist(B8c) Perinatal Psychology 1.0wte
- This service is based in the Royal Jubilee Maternity Hospital, which is the regional specialist maternity hospital. The Perinatal Psychology Service is integrated within maternity services, working alongside maternity staff in relation to individual patient care, contributing to policy development and staff training. There is an additional 0.8 wte Band 8a attached to the service. There are significant opportunities for further development of this service and also for the further development of perinatal mental health within NI context.
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist(B8c) Occupational Health 1.0wte
- This post provides a service into the Trust Occupational health services and would also be involved in the trust staff wellbeing steering group and ongoing organisational developments regarding staff wellbeing and organisational resilience. Release date: 11/4/17. Application end date: 5/5/17 2pm.
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist(B8c) Community Brain Injury Team 0.8wte
- This post provides clinical leadership within a multidisciplinary team including psychology, social work, physiotherapy, speech & language therapy and occupational therapy, The team provides a community rehab approach to clients who have sustain an ABI. In addition to the Consultant Psychology post, there is also 0.8wte Band 8a sessions.
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist(B8c) Child Disability Therapeutic Support Services 1.0wte
- This post was developed to provide clinical leadership to a newly created multi-professional therapeutic service (with PBS as the primary therapeutic model) for children and young people with learning disabilities. The team currently consists of three behaviour therapists, 0.6 speech and language therapy, 0.6 Associate Psychology, and admin support. The team will soon be supplemented by a specialist occupational therapist, team coordinator, and family support staff. The post holder will serve as both the consultant clinical psychologist to the team and the community clinical lead with wider managerial responsibilities including supervision of senior staff, including the team coordinator for the therapeutic service, and provision of advice on policy/procedural matters to senior management.
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist(B8c) Adult LD Psychological Services 1.0wte
- This post will have oversight over a significant psychological services provision within the trust Adult Learning Disability Services. It will provide Clinical Leadership to the multidisciplinary Intensive Support Services (which also includes an additional Clinical Psychology Band 8a 1wte post). It also provides clinical governance and psychological management of the multidisciplinary psychological therapies services in LD (includes band 8a and band 7 clinical psychology). In addition this post will provide governance and leadership of psychology within community learning disability teams, with support from a Highly Specialist Psychologist Band 8b which is embedded within the teams alongside 3 additional Band 7 posts.
- Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist (B8b) Adult LD Psychological Services 1.0wte
- This newly created post was created to provide support to the clinical lead (Consultant Clinical Psychologist) within Belfast Trust’s community adult learning disability service. The post-holder will professionally supervise junior psychology staff and other staff as necessary. It is expected that the person will have a high degree of clinical expertise in the area with evidence also of significant supervisory experience and multi-professional collaboration. Release date: 11/4/17. Application end date: 27/4/17.
In addition, there are a number of other posts available across the Department. These include:
Band 7 posts in Paediatrics/ Clinical Health Psychology/ Adult Learning Disability
All posts are advertised on www.hscrecruit.com
Dr Sarah Meekin
Head of Psychological Services
Belfast HSC Trust