• Band 8b/8c: Salary 53,818- 63,021 (Equivalent to NHS Band 8b/c Spine Point 40-44
• Based in Huntingdon but post is County wide with travel in the sub-region to neighbouring authorities.
• 30 – 37.5 Hours (4 days a week or full time)
This is a unique opportunity to lead and supervise a team of therapists working with young people who have displayed harmful sexual behaviour, and their families. The framework that you will use is an adaptation of MultiSystemic Therapy (MultiSystemic Therapy for Problem Sexual Behaviour – MST PSB). The model presents a holistic, multi-system approach to assessment, risk management and intervention, that aims to prevent out of home placements. Referrals may originate in social care or youth offending services, and there may be high levels of professional anxiety that you will help to manage. Young people may present with their own histories of trauma that will need to be sensitively addressed. You will assess families for their suitability for the service, chair regular professional meetings, provide weekly group supervision to ensure adherence to the model, as well as individual supervision for the team, and also provide outcome data and reports to steering groups and commissioners. Key elements of the interventions include trauma-focussed work, family-based social skills training, family-led education around healthy intimate relationships, and reparation with victims. Our goal is to help young people lead healthy, meaningful and socially connected lives whilst living within their family network.
We are looking for somebody who
- Is committed to advocating for and achieving positive outcomes for a group of young people that is often misunderstood and stigmatised
- Is skilled in complex case formulation and has experience of working therapeutically with complex presentations across the life span
- Is able to conceptualise and manage risk
- Has a strong background in supervision/teaching using family systems approaches and is able to develop the clinical competence of the team.
We are committed to developing our staff to enable them to reach their full potential. You will be supported in this role by the existing post holder who is a consultant clinical psychologist and family therapist. You will also receive training in the MST model, plus additional training for this particular role. In addition, the team receives quarterly training from our MST consultant
Family Psychology Mutual. Two MST teams have spun out from the Local Authority to become a non-profit social enterprise which is owned by the staff, who are all shareholders. We have an initial 3-year contract that funds the MST PSB team, with spot-purchasing from other neighbouring authorities. The post holder will be employed by Family Psychology Mutual. Access to the NHS pension scheme is being negotiated for eligible applicants. This is an exciting time of development with new opportunities for the company to expand to other Evidence Based Practices, and we have already set up a Functional Family Therapy Team in London. There will be some contractual meetings with relevant commissioners. The team is based in a newly acquired office building in Huntingdon.
You will need to be a qualified clinical or applied psychologist or family therapist with experience working systemically or have worked within the child and adolescent field with appropriate registration.
- Closing date: Midday on 16th April
- Interview Date: 23rd April in Huntingdon
- For an application form and further details please visit http://fpmcic.com/workforus.php
- For further information please call Sarah Reeves, MST PSB Supervisor 07914 670260 or Brigitte Squire, Clinical Director on 07787 105445.