Dr Gray’s Hospital, Elgin, Morayshire
Clinical / Counselling Psychologist
Band 7 / 8a £33,222 - £50,470 per annum, Full-time 37.5 hours per week, Permanant post
We are looking for a clinical or counselling psychologist to join our friendly and supportive Adult Mental Health (AMH) Team.
Requirement: A post graduate doctoral level degree in Clinical or Counselling Psychology (or equivalent) as accredited by HCPC and BPS, & HCPC Registration (or eligibility for registration).
Do you have:
- Clinical skills in various psychological therapies/modalities?
- Suitable experience in AMH, preferably NHS?
- Suitable experience in psychometric assessment?
- Experience with severe & enduring clinical presentations such as psychosis, bipolar disorder, complex trauma?
This post will offer the opportunity:
- To provide assessment and treatment for a wide array of moderate to severe & enduring psychological problems.
- To hold your own caseload whilst being part of a Community Mental Health Team.
- To supervise doctorate trainees, MSc trainees and staff delivering psychological therapies.
- To deliver on roles such as consultancy, audit & research, and teaching and training where appropriate.
Since time away from work is also important, Moray offers a beautiful coastline on the Moray Firth and numerous outdoor activities such as golf, hill walking, mountain biking and various water and winter sports. Moray region also offers excellent educational opportunities (schools and Moray College, UHI) and thrives with tourism throughout the area. We have easy transport links to both Inverness and Aberdeen City. This is an opportunity to live and work in a truly beautiful part of Scotland.
Interview expenses are available to all candidates and an attractive relocation allowance of up to £8000 is available to successful candidates. Applicants with relevant but limited experience are welcome to apply as we may consider a preceptorship at Band 7 for an agreed period of time.
Informal enquiries and visits to the Department are strongly encouraged. Further information may be obtained from Albert Kinnear, Consultant Psychologist, Tel (01343) 567499 or e-mail: email@example.com