Role: Clinical / Counselling Psychologist (CQC Outstanding)
Location: Cygnet Wast Hills, Wast Hills Lane, Kings Norton, Birmingham B38 9ET
Salary: up to £50,000 (Depending on Experience)
Contract: Permanent – Part or Full Time Hours Available
We are currently recruiting a Clinical / Counselling Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Wast Hills.
We will consider candidates who are seeking between 3 - 5 days per week, Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Wast Hills is a CQC ‘Outstanding’ service that provides assessment and treatment for up to 25 men and women with a Learning Disability who are living with Autism. Individuals may be detained under the Mental Health Act, can present with additional challenges and may also have co-morbid needs.
To provide a high quality psychology service; complete assessments, formulate and implement psychological treatment, interventions and management plans for individual clients relating to their diagnosis, potential risks and social needs. The post-holder will provide consultation about the psychological care of the client group to staff, families and other agencies.
You will work as part of an established multi-disciplinary team consisting of a Consultant Psychiatrist, Team Doctor, Occupational Therapist, Activity Co-ordinator, Speech Therapist, Nursing and Support Team.
Within this setting, you will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge, whilst supporting the clinical, nursing and direct care teams in making skilled evaluations and decisions about clinical options.
The post-holder will have a key role in leading in the design and implementation of individual and group psychological treatment programmes.
You will support with the training and clinical supervision of Assistant Psychologists, Volunteers and Psychology Trainees/Students on site. You will also have involvement in audit, policy, service development and the assessment and interpretation of outcomes.
As a member of the psychology department, there will be considerable opportunity for further professional development through access to various CPD activities/events and research.
We are looking for people who have…
- A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical or Counselling Psychology along with HCPC Registration
- Experience of working with a variety of adult client groups, ideally within autism and learning disability
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of people on the autism spectrum with associated complex needs of varying severity and complexity
- Knowledge of psychological assessment and formulation in healthcare, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions
- Experience of various psychological therapies/models and risk assessments
- Training and supervision experience is desirable
- The ability to work independently and as part of a interdisciplinary team
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 (full time equivalent / depending on experience)
- Company pension scheme
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- Free meals
- Free parking
- Internal CPD monthly events
- Access to external CPD
- Opportunities to become involved in research
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Opportunities to train in additional therapies, broaden experience and enhance service development across Cygnet Autism / Learning Disability Services
Contracted hours: part or full time considered.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist services for over 30 years.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link below to apply