Clinical/ Counselling Psychologist
Baldock Manor Hospital – Baldock, Hertfordshire
Full-time, Permanent Days, 37.50 hours
If you are a qualified, HCPC-registered Clinical or Counselling Psychologists with an interest in neuropsychological and complex mental health conditions in older adults and adults of a working age, then let us take you with us to our journey to be an “Outstanding” service, at the flagship site of Nouvita Healthcare, Baldock Manor Hospital.
Our hospital is a 45-bed mental health facility for adults in various settings (a Female PICU, Rehab and Elderly High Dependency Unit), with an increased focus on psychology led treatments. Nouvita Healthcare is technology driven, outcomes focused and a growing care provider, made up of a hospital, nursing & residential care homes and supported living services and is on a mission to provide personalised and effective care.
You will join a friendly, highly skilled and enthusiastic psychology and therapies team that offer a comprehensive programme of therapies to our in-patients. You will work closely with our multidisciplinary team to provide a holistic and person-centred service to our patients who present with a wide range of mental health needs including dementia, neuropsychological and psychiatric conditions.
We are looking for a psychologist who is passionate about the delivery of high-quality psychological care for people that have complex care needs. Our successful candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, creative, flexible and resourceful at encouraging patients to make positive changes in their life. The successful candidates will have skills and interests in supporting professional colleagues to develop and use psychological thinking in their work and in contributing psychological perspectives to patients’ care plans.
What Nouvita Healthcare can offer
- Excellent pay rates with appraisal-based increments.
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Offsite free parking or 10 mins walk from nearest station
- Pension Contributions from Nouvita Healthcare
What Nouvita Healthcare requires from you
- Have a postgraduate qualification in Clinical or Counselling Psychology recognised by the British Psychological Society
- Be registered with the HCPC
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of neuropsychological conditions
- Experience in neuropsychological assessment and rehabilitation.
- Experience of working with adult and older adult patients with neuropsychological conditions and long-term progressive neurological conditions (e.g. dementia, Parkinson’s disease, TBI), with presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity.
- Experience of working with people with challenging behaviour
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to patients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
The role involves
- The post holder will provide high quality specialist psychology services to the older adults’ in-patients at the hospital who present with a wide range of neuropsychological conditions comorbid with complex mental health conditions, as well as physical health needs; and work as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- The post holder will provide highly specialist psychological assessment and intervention while working collaboratively with colleagues from other disciplines, agencies and carers.
- The post holder will be clinically responsible to a Head of Psychology and Therapies who will have a clinical oversight of all work and service delivery.
- The post holder will work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team while observing the Company policies and procedures.
- The post holder will provide support to Assistant Psychologists and trainees. They will utilise research skills in audit, service development and research relevant to the post.
To apply, please send your CV and a Statement outlining reasons for your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to have an informal discussion about his role, please contact Dr Elena Arora on tel. 07912 239810.
For further information, please click here: https://nouvita.co.uk/job-application-clinical-counselling-psychologist/
We would consider applications from newly qualified or nearly qualified (awaiting final registration paperwork) candidates
*full job description is available on request.
*company reserve the right to close the vacancy without any notice.