Teladoc Health is the world’s leading virtual care provider, delivering care to over 20 million members across 125 countries. Teladoc Health has formally entered the UK virtual care space last year and offers a range of services including psychology consultations, remote GP services, Expert medical opinion and nutrition consultations.
We are looking for a passionate Clinical/Counselling Psychologist to join our growing team. The Psychology Service provides high quality assessment and psychotherapy to patients accessing care predominantly through insurance companies and corporations. We believe in the potential of virtual interventions and we focus on low risk cases, addressing conditions like (but not limited to): anxiety, depression, relational difficulties, work-related stress, distress associated to physical conditions, and others.
Annual salary: up to £48,000 pro rata
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 5:30. Part time can be considered.
Reporting to: Lead Psychologist
In order to apply for this position, you must be Health Care Professional Council (HCPC) registered Clinical/Counselling Psychologist. As the consulting work is carried out remotely, you must have a private space where you can work, ensuring the confidentiality of your clients.
We are looking for Clinical/Counselling Psychologist with the following aptitudes:
- Ability to work autonomously within HCPC and British Psychological Society (BPS) professional guidelines and the overall framework of the service’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide comprehensive and integrative case formulations, including detailed risk assessments of patients across the lifespan.
- Ability to provide effective phone and video-delivered psychotherapy, demonstrating awareness of the benefits and limitations of this medium.
- Ability to offer goal oriented and evidence-based interventions within a short therapeutic number of sessions.
- Experience working with individuals, couples, families, and relational systems (desirable).
- Ability to work within an intersectional frame, providing culturally sensitive interventions and demonstrating awareness of affirming therapeutic work with gender and sexually diverse communities (desirable).
- Competency in a variety of therapeutic modalities and flexibility in tailoring these to the needs of the client.
- To be passionate about Psychology and the appropriate adaptation and implementation of evidence-based therapeutic techniques to the field of video-delivered psychotherapy.
- Ability to collaborate with other professionals within the team, holding a compassionate understanding of clients, and being able to relay their struggles with respect and care.
- To be self-motivated, to have highly developed verbal and written communication skills, and high standards of record keeping.
- To engage in regular clinical supervision with the Lead Psychologist in line with BPS Guidelines.
- To have experience managing and assessing risk, as well as liaising an signposting to appropriate services and organisations.
- To have good IT skills, including Microsoft Office or similar package.
- To have experience providing video-delivered and phone-delivered psychotherapy (desirable)
- To be a Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society (desirable)
Candidates will be interviewed in order of application. To apply please forward a copy of your CV with a covering letter to: applicantsUK@teladochealth.com