Fernwood Clinic is an independent practice in Balham, South London. We are a team of 8 Chartered Clinical and Counselling Psychologists, providing assessment, short term and long term treatment for adults, children, families and couples. Due to increase in demand for our services, we are currently looking for a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist to join us (working with children, young people or adults).
We are based on a High Street in a vibrant neighbourhood of central Balham. Vast majority of our clients are local professionals, families and young people. We generate referrals through our community presence and local marketing.
You will have a high degree of independence in choosing the appropriate treatment course for your client and be able to benefit from flexible working hours. All appointments, reminders and client administration are fully managed by Fernwood Clinic, so that you can focus on doing what you love.
The role would be suitable for a well-rounded, organised and self-motivated generalist with experience of some or all of the following common mental health conditions:
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post traumatic stress disorder
Experience with some or all of the following NICE recommended therapies:
- CBT (including 3rd wave CBT)
- Mindfulness based cognitive therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Group / psychoeducational / self help programmes
- Brief psychodynamic therapy
- Solution focused therapies
- Eye movement desensitising and reprocessing
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or Counselling Psychology
- Registered with HCPC as a clinical /counselling psychologist
- Hold a reference from your regular supervisor who should be experienced, preferably an accredited supervisor (BPS Chartered Psychologist), to verify your training, experience and supervision levels
Currently we are looking for practitioners who would like to work 5-15 hours per week either on Tuesdays (10am-9pm), Wednesdays (10am-9pm), Thursdays (10am-9pm) or Saturdays (10am to 5pm) with at least one evening / weekend.
In return we are able to offer:
*Competitive sessional rate
*Monthly supervision allowance for an external supervisor of your choice
*Full payment for DNA clients
*Extensive administrative support and operational supervision
*Friendly, supportive working environment
This role is offered on a self-employed basis.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover note to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to speak to us before applying, please call 020 8673 8604.
We are scheduling meetings on an ongoing basis.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, we are only able to respond to practitioners who we would like to invite for a meeting.