Role: Clinical / Forensic CAMHS HCPC Registered Psychologist
Location: Cygnet Godden Green, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN15 0JR
Salary: up to £40,000 depending on experience
Contract: Permanent – 37.5 hours per week
Are you an experienced Psychologist looking for a new challenge?
Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of others?
We have an exciting opportunity for a CAMHS Clinical / Forensic Psychologist to join our multidisciplinary team at Cygnet Godden Green.
Cygnet Hospital Godden Green operates an integrated Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) with a DfE registered school, the Knole Development Centre. Our specialist pathway offers an open acute admissions service (Knole Ward), and a pre-discharge wing (Littleoaks) to allow for a smooth transition for patients returning home to their families. The hospital also operates a low secure service for men which is run in a joint working arrangement with Kent and Medway Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
The Psychologist will work on the CAMHS ward and provide a psychology service which will include; highly specialist psychological assessments, interpretation from psychological tests, semi-structured interviews, individual and group therapy as part of the inpatient therapeutic programme.
Within the MDT setting you will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area, and advise non-psychology staff on psychological principles and understanding of behaviours displayed by service users. Formulating and implementing psychological treatment, interventions and management plans for individual service users relating to mental health, risk and social needs are also key requirements.
The post-holder will have a key role in the training and clinical supervision of Assistant Psychologists and Psychology Trainees/Students on site. To have an involvement in audit, policy, service development and the assessment and interpretation of outcomes is also required. As a member of the psychology department, there will be considerable opportunity for further professional development through access to various CPD activities/events and research.
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
- A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical or Forensic Psychology along with HCPC Registration
- Experience of working in CAMHS / mental health services with children and adolescents is preferred
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of people with a wide range of mental health problems, of varying severity and complexity
- Knowledge of psychological assessment and formulation in healthcare, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions to a similar client group is desirable
- Experience of psychological therapies, risk assessment, training and supervision is desirable
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Up to date knowledge around various different psychological models applicable to this clinical population
Cygnet have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways. We’re proud of genuinely leading in service user involvement and being focused on proven clinical outcomes driven by the extensive therapeutic programmes within our hospitals.
In return we will offer you:
- Salary up to £40k (depending on experience)
- Expert clinical supervision and support provided by the Principal Specialist Onsite Psychologist and Regional Director of Psychology for the South
- As a member of the psychology department, there will be opportunities for further professional development through access to various CPD activities/events and research
- The opportunity to contribute to service development within Cygnet Mental Health Services
- Opportunities for continued professional development (CPD)
- Company pension scheme
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.