Role: Clinical / Forensic HCPC Registered Psychologist
Location: Cygnet Acer Clinic, Worksop Road, Chesterfield S43 3DN
Salary: up to £43,000 depending on experience
Contract: Permanent – 40 hours per week
Are you an experienced Psychologist looking for a new challenge?
Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of others?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical / Forensic Psychologist to join our multidisciplinary team at Cygnet Acer Clinic.
Cygnet Acer Clinic is a 28 bed rehabilitation service providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for women with personality disorder, co-morbid presentations and complex needs.
Rehabilitation is provided in a therapeutic environment, with a level of security matched to individual needs. The aim of the treatment, rehabilitation and re-socialisation programme is to prepare the people in our care either for transfer to conditions of lesser security, or for a life in the community.
The post-holder will provide a psychology service for up to 14 female patients within the service. This will include; highly specialist psychological assessments, interpretation from psychological tests, semi-structured interviews, individual and group therapy.
To formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of a client’s mental health problems.
Within the MDT setting you will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area, and advise non-psychology staff on psychological principles and psychological understanding of behaviours displayed by personality disorder service users.
You will ensure systems are in place for the clinical supervision and support for Assistant Psychologists working in the service.
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
- A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical or Forensic Psychology along with HCPC Registration
- Experience of working with a variety of adult patient groups, ideally within mental health and/or personality disorder
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of people with a wide range of mental health problems, of varying severity and complexity
- Knowledge of psychological assessment and formulation in healthcare, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions to a similar client group is desirable
- Experience of psychological therapies, risk assessment, training and supervision is desirable
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Up to date knowledge around various different psychological models applicable to this clinical population
Cygnet have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways. We’re proud of genuinely leading in service user involvement and being focused on proven clinical outcomes driven by the extensive therapeutic programmes within our hospitals.
In return we will offer you:
- Salary up to £43k (depending on experience)
- Expert clinical supervision and support provided by Regional Director of Psychology for the North
- As a member of the psychology department, there will be opportunities for further professional development through access to various CPD activities/events and research
- The opportunity to contribute to service development within Cygnet Personality Disorder Services
- Opportunities for continued professional development (CPD)
- Company pension scheme
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.