Role: Clinical / Forensic HCPC Registered Psychologist
Location: Cygnet Cedars, 37 Broadway Avenue, Bordesley Green, Birmingham, B9 5LY
Salary: up to £22,000 - £25,000 (based on part time hours and depending on experience)
Contract: Permanent – Part Time – 20 hours per week
Are you an experienced Psychologist looking for a new challenge?
Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of others?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical / Forensic Psychologist to join our multidisciplinary team at Cygnet Cedars.
Cygnet Cedars is a 24 bed high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities and other complex needs. The hospital has a further two bed step-down service, allowing for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
To provide a specialist psychology service across the service; helping to understand, prevent and/or ameliorate psychological distress in order to improve mental health and wellbeing. This role will be working as part of an MDT of clinicians and support staff.
The Clinical/Forensic Psychologist will interpret and integrate complex data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with those involve in the service users care.
The post-holder will formulate and implement psychological treatment and/or management of mental health problems. To have a key role in contributing to service development and providing clinical support to the Lead Consultant Psychologist for Learning Disabilities and Regional Director of Psychology for the Midlands region.
You will ensure systems are in place for the clinical supervision and support for Assistant Psychologists working in the service.
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
- A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical or Forensic Psychology along with HCPC Registration
- Experience of working in the field of adult learning disabilities is desirable
- Knowledge of psychological assessment and formulation in healthcare, as well as planning and delivering psychological interventions to a similar client group is desirable
- Experience of psychological therapies, risk assessment, training and supervision is desirable
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Up to date knowledge around various different psychological models applicable to this clinical population
Cygnet have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways. We’re proud of genuinely leading in service user involvement and being focused on proven clinical outcomes driven by the extensive therapeutic programmes within our hospitals.
In return we will offer you:
- Salary up to £22k - £25k (based on part time hours and depending on experience)
- Expert clinical supervision and support provided by Regional Director of Psychology for the Midlands
- As a member of the psychology department, there will be opportunities for further professional development through access to various CPD activities/events and research
- The opportunity to contribute to service development within Cygnet Learning Disability Services
- Opportunities for continued professional development (CPD)
- Company pension scheme
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.