Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of over 40 services strategically placed across England and Wales.
Chadwick Lodge is centrally located in Milton Keynes, just off the M1 and within driving distance from London as well as the Midlands. The hospital offers care to male and female patients, in medium and low security, as well as locked rehabilitation, with a range of specialist treatment options like Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, sex offender treatment as well as arson treatment programmes. The hospital accepts patients from all parts of the UK.
Annual salary: up to £45,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours per week: 37.5
The Psychology Department at Chadwick Lodge and Eaglestone View are looking to expand following a highly successful few years. We have a range of services here at the hospital, including a DBT service for women with borderline personality disorder; a womens’ and a men’s forensic pathway and we are looking to further expand our services.
Chadwick Lodge is a positive place to work and the Psychology Department pride itself on being a friendly, supportive and cohesive team where CPD and specialist interests are encouraged.
Our Clinical/Forensic Psychologist or Trainee Forensic Psychologist role involves:
- Working within highly supportive Multi-Disciplinary Teams across the male forensic pathway
- Being responsible for the provision of psychological advice and consultation to the MDTs, relating to the assessment, formulation and treatment of male forensic service users
- Providing specialist individualised and group based interventions; they will also support the hospital in the development and expansion of the current set of psychological interventions.
- They will be actively encouraged to develop their professional skills with a full range of CPD and development opportunities. Elysium prides itself in the development of staff and as such we are able to support needs-led career development and CPD.
To be successful as a Clinical/Forensic Psychologist or Trainee Forensic Psychologist, you’ll need:
- A can-do attitude
- To be a team player who has a positive outlook
- A flexible approach
- To be keen to develop your clinical skills in working with complex forensic mental health patients
- (Desirable) background in working therapeutically with personality disorder, sexual offending, violence and other complex case presentations
Ideally we would like to recruit a qualified Clinical or Forensic Psychologist who has experience in working with complex forensic care. We will also consider applications from Trainee Forensic Psychologists already on a training route and can provide co-ordination of supervision and a range of experiences to enable the right candidate to gain chartership with the BPS.
We welcome informal discussions about opportunities available and interested candidates are welcome to visit the site in advance of any application.
For any enquiries about the post, please contact Karen Howell, Lead Psychologist and Head of Psychology (Northern Region), Elysium Healthcare.
T: 01908 593000 (ext. 8528)
M: 07500 013758
A: Chadwick Lodge & Eaglestone View, Chadwick Drive, Eaglestone, Milton Keynes, MK6 5LS.
About our benefits:
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Voluntary Benefits