Job Title: Community Support Worker
Report to: Field Care Manager
Salary: £10.00 - £15.00 an hour inclusive of holiday pay
Specialisms: Health and Social Care, Brain injury and complex behavioural needs, Support and Care Work
Location: Nationwide but priority needs the following: Nottingham, Norwich, Great Yarmouth, Eastleigh, Southampton, Canary Wharf, Lea, Gainsborough, Rotherham, Batley, Howden, Northampton, Immingham, Peterborough
- Under the supervision of a Field Care Manager participate in the development and maintenance of a high quality of care within a client’s own home and in the community, through involvement in the delivery, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of client care.
KEY RESULT AREA
- Participate as a member of the team in delivery, monitoring and evaluating individual care with other disciplines as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the rehabilitation and ongoing daily living of clients living in the community promoting independence and skill development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and support the principles of person-centred care.
- Assist in maintaining general and specific client outcomes
- Recording all relevant information and shared with the MDT as appropriate.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities in relation to client’s property and valuables, respecting cultural values.
- Always act in a manner as to promote and safeguard the interests and wellbeing of clients
- Actively always promote a caring attitude, treating all clients with dignity and respect.
- Always act in a manner that ensures no client is the subject of any form of abuse.
- To report any incident of client abuse of which you become aware to an appropriate person.
- Accompany patients and participate, as needed, in recreational activities.
- Maintain good order and cleanliness of the client’s home and living environment.
- Monitor and maintain the supply of materials and equipment within the care environment.
- Provide personal care at times when appropriate for the client being support.
- Support with attending medical appointments and visits with healthcare professionals.
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Always act in a dignified and responsible manner with patients, visitors, and colleagues, using appropriate language and communication skills, which acknowledges cultural differences.
- Communicate effectively with other disciplines and participate as required in any relevant meetings.
- Ensure own documentation is clear and accurate in content
- Refer questions from clients and visitors to the Field Care Manager on specific issues relating to patients’ conditions and treatment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of cultural differences in communication.
- Always maintain strict confidentiality of client information.
- Works in accordance with policies and procedures
- Always applies equal opportunities principles.
- This job description is not exhaustive and other duties or tasks may be required consistent with the job role and grade. It is subject to regular update in line with changes and national policy, in consultation with the post holder.