Counselling or Clinical Psychologist – Autism/SEMH Specialist (Surrey)
Salary: Band 7/8a on NHS AfC (dependent on skills/experience)
Position to commence September 2019
Eagle House Group is an independent co-educational day provision for pupils between the ages of 4 and 19 who have an autistic spectrum disorder. An exciting, unique opportunity has arisen where we are seeking a qualified and experienced Counselling or Clinical Psychologist with a passionate interest in supporting children and young people with autism and SEMH difficulties, to lead our new therapy team. Our newest provision based in Walton-on-the-Hill will offer a specialist education for pupils aged 5-16 who, in addition to their high functioning ASD, present with complex SEMH needs. This discrete provision will provide a therapeutic curriculum and a strong focus on multidisciplinary working.
The core role will be providing specialist support to our new therapeutic school team which opens in September 2019 for pupils with ASD/SEMH/PDA/demand avoidant profiles. Working collaboratively as part of the schools multi-disciplinary team to provide individual support frameworks for students presenting with social, emotional and mental health issues and provide practical advice and guidance to the School as a whole in order to support good autism practice. The post holder will be responsible for providing clinical supervision to our psychotherapists and our class based assistant psychologists. You will also be required to support a small cohort of pupils from our primary and secondary school who may be experiencing emotional and mental health difficulties.
It is essential that applicants have experience of working with this cohort, and must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
The role involves:
- Being part of a dynamic and autism focused multi-disciplinary team
- Overseeing the therapeutic and clinical needs of up to 36 young people at our new school and where required, selected pupils across our other three highly specialist provisions
- Direct working with our most complex young people in regular sessions
- Working as part of the Bramley School Leadership team to embed our therapeutic curriculum
- Responsibility for a strong ethos of Positive Behaviour Support and pupil wellbeing across our schools
- Working as part of a senior therapy team including senior SaLT and senior OT to develop specific approaches and strategies across the schools
- Supporting the psychologists and behaviour teams in order that they can minimise the impact of each pupil’s autism and maximise their potential for future adult life
If successful, we can offer you:
- Membership of Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for CPD
- Supervision from our Clinical Psychologist
- Membership of Our private Health Care Plan
If you would like to have an informal discussion, please contact us on 0208 770 7788 and ask to speak to Julia Pithouse (Chief Executive Officer) or Dr Jenny Alvarez (Company Consultant Clinical Psychologist).
Eagle House Group is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all of its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure & Barring Service
For an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department on 0208 770 7788 or email to Geeta.email@example.com . CVs will not be accepted; only applications submitted on the Eagle House Group application form will be considered. For more company information please visit our website: www.eaglehousegroup.co.uk
Closing date: 9am Friday 14th June 2019
Interview date: W/C 17th June 2019