We are currently seeking to recruit dedicated and experienced Counselling and Clinical Psychologists to join a growing team of passionate family support professionals who share our vision.
Post: Counselling/Clinical Psychologist
Grade: Basic/UK Band 7
Hours: Full time post
Responsible to: Senior Clinical Psychologist/Clinical Lead
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application: Submit two copies of your CV and covering letter to: HR Department, the Bessborough Centre, Blackrock, Cork T12 CRA0
Psychologist Position Key Objectives
The Psychologist will be a member of the Bessborough Centre staff providing high quality psychological support services to families and individual clients. Working in a multidisciplinary team she/he will provide psychological assessments, formulations and identify appropriate interventions. The Psychologist will also deliver therapy and as well as promote a psychologically-informed service delivery model within the Bessborough Centre through staff training and consultation. She/He will manage assessments and interventions in a compassionate manner in line with the mission of Bessborough Centre and have a strong commitment to holistic family support and child protection. The post-holder will utilise their skills for policy and service development and evaluation. The Bessborough Centre has a combination of site based and home based services and therefore will involve travel and unsociable hours.
- To work flexibly within a multidisciplinary team to manage a caseload of families/parents/carers/children with complex needs including clients presenting with high levels of emotional distress, behavioural problems, mental health issues, personality difficulties and difficult social circumstances.
- To provide high quality appropriate assessments, formulations and interventions for families, communicating in a skilled and sensitive manner with the clients, clinical team and referring agents.
- To advise and facilitate the teams that assist children and families to learn a range of coping skills and to organise programmes which will enhance clients skills in various areas (e.g. play, child development, self-development, parenting and vocational training).
- To contribute directly and indirectly to a psychologically based framework of understanding and care to the benefit of all children and families accessing the services, across all settings and agencies serving the client group.
- To provide general advice and assist the management team in developing and delivering training for the staff and other professionals on psychological aspects of risk assessment, management and care.
- To utilise theory, evidence-based literature and research to support evidence based practice in individual work and work with other team members.
- To undertake appropriate research and service evaluations and provide research advice to other staff undertaking research.
- To supervise trainee staff where appropriate
- To attend management meetings and clinical meetings as appropriate
- To write quality court ready multi-disciplinary assessment reports and be available to present at professional meetings and in court when appropriate.
- To build specialist support service for families and children.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, work within the code of professional ethics of the Psychological Society of Ireland and participate in appropriate professional supervision and training activities.
- To represent Bessborough Centre in a professional manner and to maintain constructive relationships.
- This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list. The Organisation reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs and in consultation with the post holder. Any changes will be confirmed in writing
- Undertake travel and work unsociable hours where appropriate and reasonable.
- Doctoral level training in counselling/clinical psychology
- Experience and skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, formulation, intervention and management.
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the organisation.
- Full driving Licence
The Psychologist will work in close cooperation with the various teams in Bessborough Centre.
Reporting is directly to the Senior Psychologist/Clinical Lead while maintaining a professional relationship with the Service Managers. Individual professional supervision will be made available.
Application: Please submit two copies of your CV and covering letter to:
HR Department, Bessborough Centre, Blackrock, Cork T12 CRA0