Director of Charlie Waller Institute/ Professor in Evidence-Based Psychological Treatment
The School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences at the University of Reading is seeking to appoint an outstanding individual to lead the Charlie Waller Institute (CWI) for Evidence-Based Psychological Treatment. The Director of CWI will oversee the delivery of the Institute’s esteemed portfolio of training programmes for clinicians and will strengthen the School’s research profile in the area of evidence-based psychological treatments.
Applicants will be clinical academics with in-depth knowledge of theory and practice of evidence-based psychological treatments including CBT and will have experience of managing and directing IAPT training courses. Applicants will have an established or emerging international reputation in their research field and should be able to contribute to the highly collaborative, inter-disciplinary and collegiate working environment at Reading.
You will have:
- Accreditation by BABCP OR Professional registration as a psychologist with HCPC
- In-depth knowledge of Adult IAPT and/or CYP Mental Health programmes & how these are funded
- Experience of clinical practice, teaching, training and supervision in an HE context
- Recognition as an emerging or established researcher among the international community
- Excellent leadership, management and organisational skills