Company Profile & Background
SPS Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Resource Group Ltd who specialise in human performance enhancement, providing organisations with the training methods and tools required to help people excel.
Our specialist team provides human performance consultancy to aviation, blue-light, transportation and defence sectors and is well known for its ability to understand and improve how people perform in their working environments.
We have developed a suite of human performance enhancement assessment and training systems, including the ADAPT system which provides a blended assessment of a pilot's physical and cognitive ability, personality, skills and behaviour.
Other services include training analysis, design and delivery, personnel selection and assessment tools and processes, human performance research projects, predictive skills modelling and human factors training & consultancy services.
SPS is looking to deepen and broaden its activities in current market sectors with existing and new clients as well as find opportunities for its services in new markets such as Financial Services and Nuclear.
The Director of Psychology role is a Worcester office based role with the need to travel within the UK and Internationally. The role reports directly to the Chairman.
The team consists of a number of Consultants specialising in the fields of Aptitude Assessment, Human Factors & Training (Design and Delivery). SPS wins business by bidding/tendering for projects or by submitting proposals to target clients.
These proposals and bids are developed in the office where any training or assessment materials to be deployed are also developed, but the services themselves are generally delivered by our consultants at a client’s facility, with outputs being assessed and reports being produced back at base. Increasingly, our computer based assessment services are delivered on-line and hosted at Worcester. Higher level simulation and immersion based assessment is carried out either using our in-house facilities, our mobile assessment capability or on our client’s site using a system supplied to a client by us and configured to a client’s needs.
The adoption of SPS as a key service provider is for most clients a long-term commitment and, consequently, many clients require us to perform carefully evaluated trials before the “buy-in” is finally secured. Customer Service and Integrity are of paramount importance to our success.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the functions detailed above, you will be required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required. In addition, key objectives and targets will be established and agreed on appointment.
- Develop, lead, manage and co-ordinate the division’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the division.
- Commercial development of products and services for both civil and military markets.
- Development of existing products and services.
- Business development.
- Product and service delivery where necessary.
- To seek/implement modification and improvement where required.
- To contribute towards the learning and development of the team.
- Provide regular feedback for colleagues, in a way that recognises good practice.
- Establish clear expectations and constructive relationships among staff.
- Contribute towards the induction and mentoring of newly qualified psychologists and advise on professional development.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced manager of staff working in a professional services office within organisations involved in learning management, training or management consultancy activities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BPS Chartered Psychologist.
- HCPC Registered Occupational Psychologist.
- BPS TUO-A and BPS TUO-P certified as minimum. Specialist in Test Use – Occupational preferred. With extensive experience of psychometric test design, development and delivery.
Ideal Experience / Background:
- A track record of leadership and management of teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for all management levels.
- Ability to handle conflicting workloads, strong prioritisation skills and the ability to prioritise effectively, whilst dealing with a variety of inputs or tasks concurrently.
- Ability to manage potential conflict or dispute both internal and external to SPS.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Project management, including Risk Management.
- Good Customer Service focus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
Salary: £70,000 per annum
Benefits: Car allowance of £500 per month
Bonus: Up to 20% of annual salary based on achieving agreed targets, paid annually in arrears.
Send CV and statement of interest by email