Devon Educational Psychologists
Babcock Learning and Development Partnership
Salary range: £41,200 to £53,835
Permanent Full- time contracts
Part time working considered
Interview Date – 20th October
We welcome applications from fully qualified and experienced EPs and Trainee EPs in their final year of training.
About the role
Babcock Learning and Development Partnership is seeking skilled, creative and enthusiastic Educational Psychologists to join our large and friendly service. We are expanding our teams due to high demand from Devon County Council and the success of our traded work.
We work in close partnership with Devon County Council to provide psychological services to all schools in Devon through specialist consultation, advice and support. Most schools in the county also commission us to provide traded services.
In addition, Devon County Council commissions a range of specialist work from us, for example to improve outcomes for vulnerable children and young people, including Children in Care, adopted children and their families. There are a number of initiatives in place to support the emotional health and wellbeing agenda and all EPs in the service have the opportunity to be involved in specialist areas of work.
Having successfully been outsourced through a Joint Venture Partnership the contract is returning to Devon County Council in July 2022. The EPs will have an opportunity to be part of the wider conversations about the future of SEND and Inclusion in Devon and how we continue to improve outcomes for children through effective multi-agency working.
Why should you come and work for us?
• You will join a supportive and welcoming team, with access to high quality supervision
• We have a reputation for innovative practice, with every EP having opportunities to be involved in specialist and project work
• The service is very well regarded by schools as reflected in high levels of traded buy-in
• Close links with the Doctoral training course at Exeter University
• You will have access to CPD opportunities
• We offer a competitive salary with a clear progression structure*
• IT support is excellent allowing remote and paperless working
• Flexible working and home working is part of normal practice
• Annual leave can be taken throughout the year
To find out more about the Educational Psychology Service please visit our website on
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and applicants must share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS with ABL and CBL check is required for this post.
Please note that Babcock LDP is a private sector employer and is not covered by the ‘Modification Order’ and therefore local government service is not recognised for continuous service purposes.
Applicants must be professionally qualified and registered with the HCPC.
Applicants must hold a full current driving licence and have access to a vehicle for regular business use.
*Applicants should note that this post is on Babcock terms and conditions and not Soulbury.
We welcome informal enquiries about this role. Please contact DrRachel.Hearn@babcockinternational.com or DrJane.Williams@Babcockinternational.com Joint Interim PEPs.
This position will require completion of an application form.