Educational Psychologist (HCPC Registered)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Term Time plus 3 weeks.
Salary: UL Band 5, point 3. £45,900 per annum pro rata (in line with the Soulbury Scale)
To work within the school setting (and across the Salford cluster) to provide students and staff with an educational psychology service. This will include, as necessary, direct work with students and families, advice, consultation and support to school staff in the general application of psychology.
- To provide a psychological service, working as a support and liaison to students and families, other schools and other institutions.
- To advise school, families and Local Authorities about individual children with special needs. This will include all aspects of statutory assessment tasks.
- To provide detailed assessment, for all students, in order that focussed planning for the provision of individual student support can take place.
- Monitor and ensure that planning and implementation matches the assessed needs of all individual students.
- To provide assessment of students, in order to ascertain the appropriateness of individual referrals.
- Carry out delegated responsibilities on behalf of the Principal of each Academy as the need and priority arises.
- To advise the SENCO on strategies and interventions to enable students to progress both socially and academically.
- To contribute to staff CPD – advising on educational barriers and strategies to promote progress in the classroom.
- To work directly with students in a small group or one to one context.
- To keep accurate, up to date records of all contacts and work relating to children, young people and their families in accordance with service protocol
For more information, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
To arrange a viewing of the school, please contact Vice Principal, Chris Leader via his PA - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please complete the online application form on the school's website
Closing date: Midday on Friday 22nd November 2019