Soulbury Salary Scale A 3-8 (£39,359 – £48,211)
Plus up to 3 SPAs
2 Full-time, Permanent posts – 37 hours per week
Applications open to experienced HCPC registered Educational Psychologists and those expected to qualify in September 2018
Relocation package is available if eligible
Good rail links to London (40 minutes) and other major cities
- Peterborough City Council is an innovative and exciting place to work and the council has recently won the prestigious AWS (Amazon Web Services) Global Public Sector Smart City Award.
- Peterborough City Council is at the heart of the community, delivering essential and quality services to all families, children and young people in Peterborough and has close links with stakeholders.
About our service
- The Psychology Service is a small, dedicated and caring team that is well regarded with all stakeholders. We have an established consultative model of service delivery that values the application of psychology, innovative practice and professional integrity. We place emphasis on the importance of professional judgement and are using a wide range of tools and approaches for different levels of work. The service is well placed within the SEN and Inclusion Service to play a key role in the implementation of the SEND Reform programme and the development of person-centred approaches. We maintain strong links with universities which help us to keep a skilled and well informed workforce of experienced EPs and Psychology Assistants.
- Peterborough EP Service provides regular opportunities for continuous professional development to promote up-to-date professional practice of a high standard. We have dedicated business support assistance, access to a range of ICT supports, including laptops, Chromebooks, tablets, mobile phones to help us working in an agile and remote way.
- We promote open access to Educational Psychology through telephone support and through bookable community consultations for parents/carers.
- You would be joining our educational psychology team at a very exciting time as we are now in the process of becoming a traded service for all non-statutory work with exciting opportunities. We are seeking applicants who will embrace this change and contribute positively in building a high quality service. Your unique skills will bring a new dimension to the service that we will nurture and further develop collaboratively with you.
- Applications are welcome from suitably qualified educational psychologists or psychologists in their final year of training on an accredited course.
- Candidates should be effective communicators, have sound knowledge about current practice in Educational Psychology and legislation concerning special educational needs.
- As part of your application, you are required to complete the DBS Additional Job Application Data document available online. CVs will not be accepted for this post.
For an informal discussion or further information please contact Dr Kobie Botha (Principal EP) or one of our senior EPs on 01733 863689.
Interview date: 21 February 2018